Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Easy Pumpkin Pie ♥


I've always had trouble baking pumpkin pies and I am forever searching for an easy recipe.  The ones I have made in the past have never turned out well for me.  They either don't set properly or aren't the right texture...and if you're a "texture person" like I am, that's a big no-no.  

I am determined to make a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving this year but I decided WHY WAIT?!  I wanted to try out this recipe I found on Pinterest so I guess you could say this was my test run.  Luckily it turned out perfectly and I will be making it again in a few weeks!  
What's wrong with pumpkin pie all month?  
Not a thing! 

What I loved most about this recipe is not having to make the filling on the stovetop first, like I have in the past.  It totally skips that step.  Just mix up the ingredients, pour into the pie shell, and bake.  

In case you want to bake one for Thanksgiving (or just to enjoy right now) here's how to make it. 



 

It only takes 5 ingredients! 

1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
15 oz. can pumpkin
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 pie shell, unbaked

Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
In a large bowl combine all the ingredients. Pour mixture into the pie crust.
Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake an additional 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool 2 hours.
Serve or refrigerate until serving time. 
Store in refrigerator.

Enjoy!  

I highly recommend clicking the link to Julie's Eats & Treats (above).  She gives tons of tips and tricks  on how to make the perfect pie~ 




 ~ Yum ~ 
(I got a thumbs up from everyone in the family so this recipe is definitely a keeper! )



The weather here has been glorious this week.  I've been trying to push myself to get in the holiday spirit and even considered bringing out some Christmas decor but it was just too warm. I can't be Christmassy when it's 75 degrees out!   

We are supposed to be going into a cold snap by the end of this week so who knows... you may be seeing some jingle bells on this blog very soon!



Have a great day friends! I hope you are all well!  

Thanks for stopping by : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment