Friday, March 18, 2016

Easy apple cake ♥

 
 
Hello~  
 
I’ve had a recipe for lemon scones that I’ve wanted to post for weeks, but yesterday I made a yummy apple cake that I’m a little obsessed with. I had a few extra apples left over from a pie that I made for my dad (payment for installing a new water heater… I got off cheap :) so I went searching for a quick recipe and I found this one on www.bettercrocker.com. I made it the other night after dinner and could hardly wait to try a piece when it came out of the oven.  This is the kind of cake you eat standing at the counter at 8:30 at night….not that I did that on anything : )  The edges are both chewy & crispy and  It’s so good!

I will share the lemon scone recipe soon, but first this…..   
 

 
Easy Apple Cake
 
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
¼ tsp vanilla
1 ¼ cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
1 ½ cups peeled, chopped apples

 

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour a 9 inch round baking pan.
In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.  Blend in eggs, one at a time.  Stir in (on low speed) vanilla, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in apples. Spoon the batter into pan.
Bake 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool on cooling rack for at least 10 minutes before slicing.  
 

 
Enjoy! 
 

♥ 
In other news...
 
I’ve been really bad about posting my daily pictures here, so here is a little recap of my IG photo challenge this week:

 ♥
 
 
Day 11 Indulgence: The mother of all cheesecakes! My favorite dessert from my favorite restaurant! I totally ate it all!

 
 



Day 12 Collections:  Much to my husband’s horror I collect many things like postcards, blue & white dishes, vintage linens, just to name a few.  It’s a sickness I know many of you also suffer from.  My first and most favorite collection is tea cups.  I’ve been adding to my collection of cups for years.  No two are alike.  This is one of my favorites...


 
 
 
Day 13 Gold:  To be honest, I’m not really a gold person.  I used to be and somewhere along the road I switched to silver.  However, some gold holds a special place in my heart.  My mother gave me this watch a few years ago.  It used to be her everyday watch when I was growing up.  It was a gift from Dad one Christmas before I was born.  Whenever I wear it I see my mother’s hand. 
 
 


Here is the engraving on the back.



 
Day 15 Current Favorite: Trader Joe’s Lavender Hand & Body Lotion.  Smells divine! Just another reason to love Trader Joe’s.  



 

Day 16 Lucky: I carry stones in my pocket every day for luck.  Each one special with a different meaning.  Some think its nonsense.  I say go with whatever works for you. 
 
 
 
 
Day 17 Holiday:  Happy St. Patrick’s Day! We are celebrating on Sunday at my parent’s house with a traditional boiled dinner.  I’m bringing the Irish bread. 
 
 
Day 18 Colorful: Another one of John’s creations.  I love his color choices here.  We hung this one in the family room. 
 


I'm so glad the weekend is finally here! Except I heard we may be getting snow on Sunday.....I know! Just as I thought we were in the clear....oh please let it be a joke.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  I hope you all have a cozy weekend! xo



 

No comments:

Post a Comment