Monday, May 8, 2017

Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins ♥

Pumpkin? In May? Yes indeed!  Now I do agree that pumpkin is most popular in the fall. Obviously.  I am the first person to make pumpkin bread in October, but who says we can't enjoy it all year long?
Thanks to whoever invented canned pumpkin, we can! ♥
 
Around here we love pumpkin.  Plus, technically its a veggie so having a pumpkin muffin for breakfast is healthy, right? (that's what I tell myself anyway : )
 
There is something about it that is very comforting to me.  I love the cinnamon and nutmeg combo. It reminds me of a holiday and makes me happy.
 
This past weekend it was rainy and chilly so I thought we needed a little bit of heaven from the oven.
 
Just the smell of these muffins baking made the house feel cozy.  And who wouldn't want a cozy house...even in May ♥
 
 
+


Here's a super easy recipe from www.allrecipes.com that I always use. 
 
 
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips



 
 
The miracle product!!!!
 
 
 
 
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Grease muffin pan (bottoms only).
 
Mix sugar, oil, and eggs.  Add pumpkin and water. 
 
In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt.  Combine the wet ingredients to the flour mixture.  Stir in chocolate chips. 
 
 
 
 
 
 Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
 
 
 
 
Bake in a preheated oven 20-25 minutes. 
 
(22 minutes in my oven is perfect!)
 
 
 
 
I had one of these muffins with my tea this afternoon and it was delightful!
 
By they way, you can freeze extra pumpkin and use it in your next batch of muffins. 
It's also yummy stirred into pancake batter ♥
 
 Just sayin'.... :)
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like the perfect weekend breakfast. My family loves anything pumpkin, so I'll have to try the recipe soon. :)

    ReplyDelete