Sunday, September 9, 2018

Weekly wrap up ♥

 
Hello Friends!  It's Sunday night and guess what? I have a sweater on ;)
 
It was cool & gray today and I didn't mind one bit.  Fall has arrived ♥
 
This week was certainly a busy one, with John starting school on Wednesday.  I can't believe I am the mom to a 6th grader!  I'm happy to report that his first week as a success! He likes his teacher and two of his best friends are in his class.  I was so happy for him!  Let's pray the good times last through week 2!
 
It's been a week of adjustments.  Getting up early, going to bed early, and getting back into the swing of things.  The cool temperatures have helped.  I have to set my alarm a half hour earlier now so I can wake John for school.  It's still dark out when I wake.  Rob makes the coffee before he leaves for work so it's all ready for me. I love taking my first cup of coffee back to bed with me.  I watch an episode of I Love Lucy on the Hallmark channel while I slowly sip it and come alive.  It's a ritual that I do every morning, but somehow it's more cozy this time of year.  I also got a new comforter for my bed which is so soft I don't want to get out of it.....but more on that later...: )
 
 


This week was an endless parade of filling out emergency forms and covering books.  I'm back to making lunches and packing snacks.  Summer seems so far in the past (even though it was only 2 weeks ago I was at the beach! ).



 
 
 The canned pumpkin in my  pantry had been calling me for a solid week.  I finally answered and baked a quick batch of pumpkin chocolate chip muffins! Oh my, they are so good!!
One is going in John's lunch box tomorrow.  Mine too! ♥
 
 
 
 
 
The recipe I used can be found here
 I shared the recipe in a blog post last year : )
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my new bedding set I told you about.  I have been needing a new comforter for ages.  I finally took the plunge and treated myself to this one from Khols.  I went with ivory because it will go with anything.  My sheets and quilt are blue and I thought I could bring in color with extra pillows if I want.  I'm over the moon for this set because the top side is like a velour (super soft) and the underside is Sherpa fleece! It's so warm & cozy!!
  
Lying in bed under a cozy blanket, reading a book or watching a movie is wonderful this time of year.  I was thinking of some other things that I look forward to doing in the fall.  Most of them are little moments, nothing fancy, just what I love...
 
 
take a drive to look at leaves
drink hot apple cider
make Halloween treats
watch a fall movie (on Hallmark : )
make chili
do a fall craft (thinking of making a wreath this year)
go apple picking
carve pumpkins (and roast the seeds)
get a new cardigan and pair of boots
 
I'm hoping to do at least two of these thing this week!  What are some things you love to do this time of year?
 
Wishing you all a happy new week! Let's make it a good great one! ♥
 
 
xoox
 
  

3 comments:

  1. So, I will be up straight away to go apple picking and to the pumpkin patch, ok!
    Love your fall, sweet friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this post. It is so Fall Inspiring. Your bedding is so nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article..I am looking so forward to your blogcomment and
    I love your page on your post.. That is so pretty..
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete