Saturday, March 9, 2019

Strawberry Jam Muffins ♥

Hello Friends! 

Today when I woke up the sun was shining and the snow was melting.  It was glorious.  I don't take any of this lightly because I know, living in New England, things could change at any moment. Extreme shifts in weather have suddenly become normal. A few days ago it was 10 degrees.  Today it was a balmy 39 degrees! I can feel little tings of warmth every now and then.  Spring is coming.  As I type this post it's Saturday evening and before I go to bed tonight (soon :) I will spring my clock AHEAD one hour!  I'll take the one hour less of sleep tonight in exchange for light at 4pm.  That's what naps are for! Am I right? 

I don't know about you but this week seemed endless.  Maybe it was the extreme cold.  Maybe it was John's overload of homework and me having to figure out 6th grade science (and I thought the math was hard!) or maybe it was just that my warm cozy bed was just too good to get out of at 6am.  People at work seemed to be feeling the same. Everyone walking around the office complaining about the weather and talking about where to go on spring break (myself included).  March is always like this.  We are so close to spring just not quite there yet. I don't know what else to do, so I do what makes me happy.  I bake.
 
I don't mind the cold outside, if its warm and smells good inside.  






This morning I tried a new recipe I found on Pinterest for Strawberry Jam Muffins.  Doesn't that sound yummy? There is something about fresh baked muffins with coffee on a Saturday morning that makes the weekend that much sweeter.  I LOVE weekends and I LOVED these muffins.  They are my new favorite!



 


The recipe was simple to do and I had all the ingredients on hand.  I like the fact that the recipe only makes 6 muffins.  We gobbled them up in one sitting.  2 each : )  You could always double the recipe if you want to make a full dozen.

The only changes I made to the original recipe (found here) was I omitted the flaxmeal and I added 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla because I think strawberry and vanilla are matches made in heaven ♥
 


 
 
To make the muffins you will need:
 
3/4 cups flour
2 tbls sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
2 tbls vegtable or canola oil
1/2 cup strawberry jam
 
 
 
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
 
Spray a 6 cup muffin tin with non stick spray.  I only had a big tin so I used the middle 6 cups : )
 

 
 
In a medium size mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients. 
I always use a whisk to get out any lumps in the flour ♥
 
Add the milk, eggs, vanilla, and oil.  Mix until just combined. 
Fold in the jam (stir it around 3-4 times).  Don't over mix.
Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.
 
*reserve a little bit of the jam to add to the tops of the muffins.  I held back about 1/4 of it and then swirled it on the tops with a fork *
 
Bake 15-17 minutes, until the edges are slightly golden and the tops are springy to the touch. 
 
Let cool on a rack.  Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!




 
 
 
They were light & fluffy and the strawberry filling is the sweetest surprise!
 
Sort of like a jelly donut in muffin form ♥
 


 
I don't buy peanut butter anymore because of John's allergy but for those of you without food allergies I think a schmear of pb on these would be amazing! just sayin...  ♥
 



 
Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy and cold and I wouldn't be surprised if I made another batch of these for breakfast.  I don't know what it is lately, but I'm obsessed with breakfast and MUFFINS. 
I mean, more than usual! LOL
 
Hoping the weather warms up soon so I can get outside and back to walking.  I really miss it! And apparently so do my thighs : ) 
 
 
Before I end this post I wanted to share with you this lovely thought I saw on Facebook today:


 


I think this is something that I will repeat to myself every day, just as a little reminder ♥
(especially #10)
 
I hope you are all having a sweet, sweet, weekend! 
 
Talk to you soon! xo
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment