Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Rice Pudding ♥

Hello Friends!

First I would like to say a big THANK YOU for all your kind words regarding my little apple picking video! It really meant the world to me that you guys liked it!  I was really nervous putting myself out there like that. If I can get past my awkwardness I would like to do more videos. My brain is full of ideas!  Stay tuned! : )

Anyway, a few weeks ago I posted this picture on my Instagram of my favorite rice pudding!  It's so yummy and creamy! I like it as a nice alternative to oatmeal on these cool October mornings.  It's a little sweeter than oatmeal so it feels a bit decadent but hey, we only live once right?! 

You can make it the night before and then just heat it up in the microwave as needed.  I've even brought some to work with me to enjoy as a late morning treat.  

Some of you asked me for the recipe so here you go.  It's very easy!!  






3/4 cup white rice
2 cups milk, divided
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
 cinnamon for dusting (optional)

Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil.  Stir in rice.  Reduce heat to low, cover, and summer for 20 minutes.

Combine cooked rice with 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar, and salt.  Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 - 20 minutes.  Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk and beaten egg.  Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat.  Stir in butter and vanilla. 

Scoop into individual serving bowls and sprinkle with cinnamon (as much as you like!). 







Or put it all in one big bowl and eat the whole thing. Up to you! 


ENJOY! 

3 comments:

  1. So simple, yet so good. Thank you for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Danielle! It's Lisa from Instagram (hotcoffee4lisa) I'm standing behind my stove right now waiting for my rice to cook & following your directions to your recipe this evening�� Can't wait to eat this! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Hope you are having a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete