Wednesday, August 19, 2020

John is 13! ♥

 On Sunday John celebrated his 13th birthday! I can hardly believe my little boy is 13!!!  

 I remember so clearly planning his first birthday party and now here we are entering the "teen years".....eek!! 

13 years have gone by and I can still feel that little baby in my arms. 

No big celebrations this year, he was just happy to be with family.  On Saturday night we had dinner with my parents - burgers on the grill - his choice - followed by his favorite cake...vanilla with chocolate frosting!  Sunday morning I served him cinnamon rolls in bed (which I also enjoyed : ) and that evening we met some family at a local pizza place for a socially distanced dinner.  

Definitely different from years past, but certainly memorable :) 

 


 Now that he's 13, here are few things I can tell you about John:

He LOVES his birthday

His favorite foods are cheeseburgers, chicken Parmesan, and pasta salad.  

He will do anything for a trip to Dairy Queen.

His favorite TV shows are The Office, Friends, and Seinfeld.

He loves watching movies and is always up for movie trivia games!

He enjoys texting his friends, some nearby, some faraway!  

He hates getting haircuts.

He's a night owl.

He likes playing Minecraft 

He still loves Toy Story (yaaay!)

He loves swimming, riding bikes with his cousin, and playing the drums.




I was looking through some old blog posts and I pulled out some  of my favorite photos of John through the years.  I cannot believe how much he's grown. It all went by so fast. 

*another reason to love blogging...it's a living scrapbook* 
























Happiest of birthdays to my favorite human!  

Now please stop growing!  



Have a wonderful day everyone! If anyone knows how to slow down time please let me know!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, John!!! I hope he had a wonderful day. I can not get over he is 13 now. Does he still love Elvis?

    ReplyDelete