Monday, May 2, 2022

Pineapple cake squares ♥

Hello Friends! 

I hope you enjoyed a nice weekend. It was beautiful here! Everyday is a crap shoot weather wise in New England, but Saturday & Sunday we were blessed with sunny skies and warm temperatures. 

On Saturday John and I did some shopping.  We got him some new bedding at Target that he picked out (checking that off the list!) and then went to a music and movie store that he wanted to go to. John collects DVDs and vinyl records so we are always on the hunt for cools stores to check out.  This one had discounted prices which now that he's budgeting his own money, was a plus! I love to browse the oldies and vintage sections. (maybe because I'm old and vintage? I'm ok with that! :) 

We got iced coffees and had a fun day out. 

That night we met up with some friends for pizza.  After dinner we took a nice long walk to digest and watch the sunset. It had us all counting the day until summer.  








Friends since kindergarten! 




I was lucky enough to become friends with the moms too! We've known each other for many many years.  Our kids have grown up together. The boys go to different schools now, but we all have remained close.  

I'm glad about that 




Also FYI - Bertucci's has the BEST rolls.  I could honestly make a meal out of them! And that oil! Heavenly! 

On Sunday I did my usual cleaning and puttering around the house.  I watered my plants, did laundry, cleaned the bathrooms (my least favorite job), and dusted all the furniture. To reward myself I decided to bake up something yummy for dessert.  Want to hear what it was?  I think you're gonna love it! 

Are you a fan of pineapple? If you are I have a lovely cake for you to try.  It's a light, delicate cake, perfect for this time of year.  The special ingredient is crushed pineapple! 

Yum! I am definitely a fan : ) 

The pineapple flavor is not overpowering. However, I do notice on day 2 it becomes a little more pineapple-y, so the longer it sits the better the flavor. You can be the judge on that. 

 Perfect with a cup of afternoon tea. 

This is my current favorite snack 



 




Lucky for me I had this in the pantry....just waiting for me! 




Sunshine in a bowl. 




So pretty too! 





This cake reminds me of a pillow because it's so soft and fluffy.  
I imagine it at tea parties or brunches.  It's really delicious and super easy to make.  I'm sure you have everything you need already.  


*recipe from Pinterest*

*slightly adapted from Pretty Providence (found here)*

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 cup flour

1/4 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

1 tsp vanilla

1 can crushed pineapple, drained 

powdered sugar


Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Cream butter, sugar, and eggs.

Beat in flour, baking soda, & salt.

Stir in vanilla and pineapple.

Spread into a greased 9x9 baking pan.

Bake for 28-33 minutes.

Cool completely in pan and sprinkle with powdered sugar.  

Cut into squares and serve! 

I hope you try this cake.  I promise you'll love it! 


And that was my weekend in a nutshell.  Shopping, pizza, cleaning, cake, done. 

Happy Monday and Happy May! Can you believe it's MAY?  Where does the time go? 

Have a great day Friends! 

I'm sharing a virtual piece of cake with all of you today! 

xoxoxo 

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm... I love some pineapple. I just screams SUMMER to me too. I may have to try that recipe.
    I'm totally snooping on your coffee order - I love seeing what people get!

    ReplyDelete