Monday, July 25, 2022

I had a birthday ♥

Guess who had a birthday on Sunday?! Yup! Little old me turned 48.  I'm not sure how I feel about that number, but it is what it is.  At least I'll always be two years behind Rob and that makes me smile : )
 
Truth be told I normally don't pay too much attention to my birthday or age.  Sometimes I forget how old I am. A few days ago I got to thinking about the year I graduated high school. I did some quick math and realized it's been 30 years (I graduated in 1992).  Whaaaat???? My jaw dropped! 30 years! That was more shocking to me than my actual 48th birthday!  Wow, how time flies.  It's not just a saying.  It's actually true.   

It couldn't have been a hotter weekend.  Literally 95 degrees but felt like 105!  John and I went out Saturday morning to run some errands before it got too hot and we had to make a Wendy's pitstop for strawberry lemonade.  It's so good and hit the spot! I am definitely not made for this heat.  I should have been born in the fall 

The three of us went out for a casual dinner on Saturday night to celebrate.  Normally I make it a tradition to get lobster on my birthday but believe it or not, I was feeling like a salad! I ended up with a delicious honey mustard crispy chicken salad.  Healthy, maybe.  But I made up for it with the cookie skillet I ordered for dessert!  In my defense we asked for three spoons and shared it....although I could have eaten the whole entire thing no problem whatsoeva! 

Sunday morning we hit the beach early.  We got coffees and had a nice walk.  We left before it got too hot and crowded.  I was there just long enough to dip my toes in the ocean and make a birthday wish.  
The rest of the day was spent in my nice air conditioned house, relaxing, and watching Christmas movies....because it's also Christmas in July!  John and I are planning a small celebration with cookie decorating later in the week.  We don't go all out like we used to anymore and that's ok. But some cookies and Christmas music (in the middle of a heat wave) will be a fun afternoon.  My mother just gifted John with some of her old record albums.  One is an Elvis Christmas and we can't wait to play it on the record machine : )



 


Don't worry, I have SFP 50+ on! 


















Later in the week my sister is coming down and we are going to have a family birthday dinner with my parents. I'm looking forward to that. Today I went to lunch with my mother in law to one of my favorite restaurants. It was a fun afternoon! I just love going out to lunch 

 By the way, I'm wearing a new bag....  It was birthday present from a dear friend who knows me SO WELL.  I'm in love with this bag! I feel like it has my name written all over it!! eeek! 

We were meant to be together! 



Isn't she adorable?!?!  ahhhhh..... 




It's been a lovely birthday weekend! I feel blessed and grateful to my family and friends who called, left me messages, and texted me. Thank you!  You all are wonderful! xo 

And best of all... I even treated myself to some new eye cream.  The good stuff.  Happy birthday to me! 



Have a wonderful week my friends! Are you in the middle of a heat wave too?  Just remember we are one day closer to October! 

Byeeeee!!! xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. Happiest of birthdays to a beautiful, kind, sweet,YOUNG friend! Love how you were celebrated! And I adore your new bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you!!!
    You wear 48 well!
    & what a sweet gift for that bag - that is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Danielle's mother, she is just as beautiful as she was at 28. Love you beautiful girl,

    ReplyDelete