Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Almost there...♥

Good morning friends! Happy Wednesday! 

I'm feeling relief this morning because our heat wave finally broke! After endless days of  95 to 100 degree weather (with humidity!!!) it finally rained that we are back in the low 80's which is much more bearable for summer.  It's still too hot for me, but hey, I can't have everything.  I'll take 85 over 105 any day : ) 

It's mid August now and my mind is wandering to what comes next.  All the pumpkin scented candles are on the shelves at Bath & Body Works and that is usually my gage that Fall is around the corner.  Just the thought of putting on a cozy cardigan & fuzzy socks gives me a happy feeling of hygge that I cannot wait to experience.  

John is clinging to his last few weeks of summer vacation (and I honestly don't blame him) but as someone who doesn't love hot weather either, he's looking forward to wearing his favorite Champion sweatshirts and curling up on a dark rainy afternoon with hot coco by his side.  He actually loves turning the clocks back for daylight savings so it's dark at 4pm.  We have that in common. 

Yup. He's definitely mine 

Don't get me wrong, I still have some summer dreams left in me (and John has a birthday to celebrate), but Fall is now in reach and I can let myself start to prepare for it.  



 

How about you? Are you ready for a change?  I don't think I could ever live in a place where the seasons don't change.  There is always something to look forward to.  Always a promise of snowfall or budding flowers, or changing leaves. Thank goodness for that. 

Have a lovely Wednesday my friends! What's for dinner tonight?  Lately I'm sick of everything I make. I'm off to pour another cup of coffee and figure it out : ) 

I'm looking forward to cooking all the Fall comfort food meals...pot roast, butternut squash soup, pumpkin pie. Yum. 

Soon. It's coming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment