Thursday, April 13, 2023

Today feels like summer! ♥

Hello Lovely Friends! Happy Thursday! 

I'm pretending it's summer today.  Why?  Because it's 84 degrees out?!  I don't know how long it will last and I'm not ever going to question it.  Some of my Instagram friends are still getting snow. 
 I'm just enjoying a little sunshine while I can : )

I popped out for an hour today and treated myself to a pedicure.  I now have smooth feet and pink toes!  I'm sandal ready, just in case this blast of summer-like weather lasts.  

After I picked John up at school we stopped at Dunkin and got some drinks.  I was in the mood for something fruity.  This mango pineapple refresher was delicious! 

It did the trick! YUM! 



 

I've been laying low this week.  The week after a holiday is always a bit exhausting, isn't it?  We had a wonderful Easter with our family.  I can tell you that I definitely ate too much AND I definitely enjoyed every minute of it.  We still have chocolate eggs and peeps in the house but they are slowly dwindling! (Mostly thanks to me 😬)

 Yesterday while I was having my morning coffee I ran around the house and gathered up most of my Easter decorations and packed them away until next year.  I was anxious to have a clean slate.  Away went the bunny village and plastic eggs.  We'll see ya next year! 




We are heading out of town for John's spring break next week and I don't know about you, but I always clean my house BEFORE I take a vacation.  Is that weird?  I just like to have a clean house to come home too.  It's the BEST feeling! 




I still have a bunch of stuff to do over the next few days to get ready for our trip.  

We are packing up the car and heading to a new destination to spend the week with our dearest friends! 

 I AM SO EXCITED! 

But before we can do that, laundry has to done, dinner has to be made, John has a biology test (ugh!), and we need to get some sleep to prepare for our road trip. 

Speaking of road trips, I must say they are my favorite way to travel.  I always sit in the backseat.  I do this for two reasons.  1. Rob's driving scares me. 2. Its more comfy in the backseat. 

 I bring a pillow, blanket, snacks, drinks, and my earbuds.  I've already downloaded three books to listen to.  Someday I would like to experience train travel.  I think it would be right up my alley : )  

I am wishing you all a very happy weekend!! 

 I'll be back soon to share my vacation destination and reunion with my bestie!  

Byeeeee! xoxox 

PS - I want to share with you the ONE picture I took on Easter.  

What do you think of my bunny pancakes?? 



4 comments:

  1. I clean my house as well before leaving. It's depressing to come home to a messy house! Have fun on your vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bunny pancakes though they are very Mickey-esque! Love your handag!
    Love a clean house before holidays, I definitely try and do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my Lovely! It's nice to be back in blogland. I loved the sun and warmth my daughter and I recently soaked up in AZ. ;) I'm glad I"m not the only one that cleans before leaving for a trip. Lol Love your adorable bunny pancakes! Have a wonderful trip and give Billie Jo a hug for me too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete