Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Current Skin Care Routine: Winter Edition ♥




Hello Lovely Friends!  

Today I wanted to share with you a few of my current favorite skin care products.  Now,  I am by NO MEANS any kind of beauty expert.  I am, however, a person that loves products and have tried a lot of them.  I've always loved makeup and as I've gotten older I've discovered that how we take care of our skin under the makeup is much more important that what we put on top of it.  I shutter to think about 15 year old me going to bed with a full face of foundation and Coty powder caked on top.  No wonder I broke out all the time.  Yikes! 

Another thing I've discovered is that my skin is constantly changing, so I adapt what I use on my face to my current needs.  In the winter I have very dry skin, so I need products with lots of hydration.  Also, in times of stress it definitely shows on my face, so I need a little extra TLC to take the edge off.  Since September I've been doing weekly eye masks and that has helped.  When my mother first went into the hospital I developed huge red itchy dry patches under my eyes.  I know it was stress related.  Hydrating eye patches and petroleum jelly helped, also drinking lots of water (which I need to be better at!). 

I don't feel it's necessary to spend tons of money on skin care.  Most of what I use are drugstore products. I've found that they mostly do the same thing as high end products and what we are paying for is pretty packaging.  




Here is my current line up.  At the moment it's working and keeping my skin hydrated. 
 



Every night before bed I remove my makeup with Aveeno face wipes.  This is one of my favorite things I do all day.  It feels SO good and leaves my skin extremely soft.  They are very gentile and don't smell like alcohol!  

 

I cleanse my face with an Olay cleanser, pat it dry, and spray with Thayer's toner.  




Next up is Neutrogena's Hydroboost Glow Primer Serum.  Up to recently I had never heard of hyaluronic acid.  It sounds like something I'd put in my car radiator.  After my bad breakout last fall I did a little research and it turns out hyaluronic acid is one of the best things you can use on your skin. Some if it's benefits are anti aging, helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles, is moisturizing, and can treat facial redness.  Of course everyone's skin is different but for me, it's really helped.  I like this one because I trust Neutrogena products and it was affordable. ($20) 

I wanted to incorporate a Vitamin C serum into my routine. I found this one at Marshalls. 

**Side note, Marshalls and TJ Maxx are amazing places to get affordable skin care products!!**

This Findley serum has vitamin C and rose oil in it. It's another layer of hydration that firms skin, locks in hydration, and gives a healthy glow. Its also smells really nice! ($6 at Marshalls!)  

I went without using eye cream for many years.  Now that I'm almost 50 I can see the signs of aging, especially around my eyes.  Dark circles are the very bane of my existence.  Every article I've read recommends a retinol eye cream.  So here I am.  I chose the Neutrogena line again.  I've been using this eye cream for over a year now and I really love it.  I use the littlest dabs around my eyes and press it in with my ring finger.  This is one of the most expensive products I buy but because I use so little it lasts a very long time. ($29) 





The moisturizer I'm currently using is good old tried and true Oil of Olay Regenerist.  I've tried other brands and always come back to Olay.  I can remember using the pink liquid back in the 80's so I've got a nostalgia thing happening.  I figured they've been around since 1952 so they must be doing something right!  It's so light (like whip cream).  I love the way it feels on my skin. ($30) 

The last step I do before bed (and you're not going to believe me but it's 100% true) is put a little Vaseline on my undereye area and on my eyelid.  Bare with me!  It locks everything in.  I swear this works!  It's soothing on my eyes, makes everything soft, and the next day when I put my makeup on I don't have any creasing. This many not work for everyone, but for me I feel like it's my little secret weapon : )  




Two other MVP products that save me.... first is a face roller.  Mine is rose quarts.  I do the roller thing across my face in the morning in between moisturizing and putting on my makeup.  I read that by doing this it helps your skin absorb the products better. I roll it in an upward motion on my cheeks and then use the smaller end under and over my eyes.  It also helps with puffiness and plumps up the skin.  Some people put theirs in the fridge to keep it cold.  I don't do that but trust me, the roller is always freezing.  This is very therapeutic and feels really good, especially after a hot shower.  Who knows if it's even doing anything but honestly I don't care.  It's become a ritual : ) 

And here are the current eye patches I'm using.  I do them at least once a week.  The brand I really love is call Lost Baggage (haha) but they are always sold out at CVS!!  These rose gold ones are very good too.  It's just to give the under eye area a little bit of TLC.  I figure if I'm good to it, it will be good to me (fingers crossed!). 



 

And that's my current skin care routine.  It's nothing fancy but it's getting me through this bitter cold winter.  Later in the week I will share my current favorite make up products.  

I hope you are all having a wonderful week so far.  Remember to drink water and get lots of sleep too! (I'm talking to myself here, as well as you! : )

Stay cozy and safe my friends! 

Byeeeeee! xoxo 




6 comments:

  1. Have you tried Neutrogena Hydro Boost facial wash? I love it in the winter. It is so moisturizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't but thank you for recommending it! I love Neutrogena so I will definitely try it out! Thanks : )

      Delete
  2. Oh my - I have such a similar routine! And I use the scrub, toner and olay regenerist has been my go-to forever! I have a roller in the freezer I use the mornings there's a big need. But the vaseline tip is GOLD! 🤩 I need to try that. Thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sluggishly drinking a bottle of water right now. And I have Madison to answer to if I ever sin by going to bed with make up on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danielle! Thanks for sharing! I ordered the Neutrogena hydro burst.: ) I have tried the facial wash and I like it a lot. Keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bitcoin investments Scams

    Beware of Bitcoin investment schemes where scammers, posing as experienced "investment managers," lure investors with tales of massive cryptocurrency profits. Promising hefty returns, these fraudsters ask for an upfront fee, only to vanish with your money, leaving you with empty promises. They may even ask for personal information under the guise of fund transfers, risking your cryptocurrency security. Don't let the allure of quick wealth cloud your judgment. Always verify the credibility of those you're investing with and remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Stay informed, invest wisely, and protect your digital assets.

    Got Scammed Online?

    Rustik Cyber Hack Service Team Of Experts Specialize In Retrieving Lost Funds From fraudulent Brokers. Crypto, BTC, Usdt , Eth, and Bank Transferred Funds scammed, etc.

    Get more information on Web site: RUSTIKCYBERHACKSERVICE. COM and easily reach out to Rustik Cyber Hack Service through WhatsApp + 1.38.63.48.78.38 and Telegram: @rustikcyberhackservice Email: rustikcyberhackservice@Gmail.com

    #CryptoScamAlert #InvestSmart #BitcoinBeware #SecureYourCrypto #FraudPrevention

    ReplyDelete