Friday, September 18, 2026

Friday catch up! ♥...and a quick question

Hello Friends! Happy Friday! ♥

It's almost the end of a busy week and I for one, am so happy it's the weekend! 

But more importantly, look at this tree at end of my road.  Last night on my walk I spied color....yay! 

The leaves are starting to change 🍁




It's only little bits poking out here and there, but it's happening and that's all the matters :)




The late summer flowers are still blooming...♥



 
...and I think I might like my hydrangeas this way than in full bloom. The colors are muted and look so pretty.  

I just remembered I brought some of these inside last year to dry and kept them on my table for a bit.  

I must do that again this weekend. 




Such pretty sights all around ♥

I know it's not Halloween/crunchy leaves/spooky time yet, but seeing and feeling this shift has me very excited.  

And after another round of heat and humidity last week (it was really baaaad) the air is finally cool and we could actually now be in the clear.  

My windows are open and the past few nights have been good sleeping weather!  




Fall baking has started.  

I made pumpkin strudel muffins.  

They were yummy! Everyone got one in their lunch ♥




There is no stopping me now : ) 





Well now that I've caught you up around the house, what else is new? 
I mentioned a busy week and it was.  

Lots of appointments (for me and my Dad - all good though - no worries) work projects, house chores, being John's personal secretary (aka mom duties) and plain old ordinary adulting has me exhausted.  I live for the weekends when Rob and I can just kick back and relax. 

He's off tomorrow and we have a special day planned.  We're going into the city for day.  I haven't done a Boston day in a while so I'm looking forward to it.  Its fun being a tourist in your own neighborhood, isn't it?! It's going to be 72 degrees and sunny tomorrow.  Perfect! 

I can't wait to get a coffee and pastry and stroll the North End. It's so fun ♥

Oh, I wanted to tell you about John.  He's doing great!  He started school the beginning of September.  It's only been a few weeks now, but so far he's loving it.  He's in the music ed program and loving the classes and professors. I'm so proud of how far he's come, and most importantly, how he's following his passion.  He has his first jazz concert in December, and we are really looking forward to that.  

Here's a few pictures from the summer that I forgot to post.  He had a great time playing with his band at the beach on July 3rd. It's their second year doing it. 

This is a really talented group of kids.  They've started writing their own songs that they hope to record soon :) 



 











So that's the John update! ♥

Otherwise, it's ordinary day around here.  Pumpkin spice and everything nice.  I'm reading like crazy and at night either watching TV shows or doing cross stitch.  I'm still working on the same one I started a hundred years ago but it's ok.  I'm enjoying the process.  I'll share the finished product - if that day ever comes : ) 


One question I've been meaning to ask you all - specifically my over 50 friends... where are you all buying clothes these days?  I've been going through my closet and am in desperate need of an update this fall and winter.  Nothing fits comfortably anymore.  I've reached that point in life when things are *changing* and I'm thicker in the middle than I used to be.  Things I used to love to wear just aren't working for me anymore.  I don't know where to go to buy clothes.  I like casual and comfortable - but not sweats...well, not all the time.  If anyone has any suggestions PLEEEEASE send them my way.  Stores, brands, links, anything. I'm desperate 😧 




I hope you all have a great weekend.  It's going to rain Sunday, so I plan to have a cozy day reading and catching up on blogs.  I look forward to seeing what you all have been up to :)

The "ber" months are here! 

From here on I plan to be as cozy as possible! ♥

(and if I can't find anything comfortable to wear I'll be in my pj's indefinitely! :) 

I'm not even kidding.




Thanks for visiting me today! ♥

Byeeeee! xx 

7 comments:

  1. Hello beautiful Friend! Love seeing what you have been up to and Fall showing her gorgeous face in your area. We’re getting more & more colorful moments too. The muffins sound amazing! And I love the color of the hydrangeas. 😍 John looks so cool. You must be such a proud Mama watching him do his thing. 🥰. As far as clothes - I like Maurices for causal things. I sometimes find great deals and finds on Thred Up. And for nicer clothing like dresses & skirts (church & hospice work) I love Coldwater Creek. Pricier but last forever. And great for petites in height like me. You can find cold water creek on thred up sometimes too. Blessings on your weekend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belk is a store in my area that might be a good fit. Maybe you have one close by also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is weird but that photo of the rose of sharon and the fence? The asphalt with no curb is my favorite, I love it! It looks like frosting ;) It's very New England to me.
    It's so great that John is following his passion - and those first few photos of him show his professional drummer face! I have been loving Quince online for just about everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Fall my friend! I loved seeing John following his passion! Bravo John!
    We have a few stores in Erie for shopping but my go to is Amazon these days. They have the cutestest sets that are comfy and great for traveling.
    Enjoy the season! 🍂🍁🍂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donation Benefit 1,500,000 Euros


    Good day

    I am Ms. Beate Heister, a German entrepreneur, investor, and Shareholder of the discount supermarket chain Aldi 25% of my personal wealth is spent on charity work around the world. I also promised the remaining 25% to private individuals this year. I have decided to donate 1,500,000 euros to you. This is part of my promises to the charity project this year. If you are interested in my donation, contact me for more information. Kindly write to my official Emails: beateheister247@gmail.com

    Greetings

    Ms. Beate Heister

    Issued by Ms. Beate Heister Family Siepmann Foundation.


    beateheister@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This has been a great blessing in my life. Knowing Dr. Odumeje has been one of the best things that has ever happened to me. My lover came back to me after I reached out to him for help. He helped remove the negative influence of a third party that was affecting our relationship. Today, my husband loves me again, and our relationship has been restored. I am truly grateful for the support and guidance I received during this difficult time. Thank you, Dr. Odumeje, for helping bring happiness back into my life. I highly recommend reaching out to him.

    TEXT/WhatsApp +2349064108102

    VIA oduemejetemple@gmail.com

    HE ALSO WORK ON A LOT OF FOLLOWING CASES

    Spell to get famous

    Spells to grow business excessively

    Spells to get a Job

    Spells to get a husband

    Spells to Win Court Case

    Spells to get your loved ones out of prison

    promotion spells

    Protection Spells

    Spells to win Lottery

    Pregnancy Spells

    ReplyDelete
  7. Networking is good for business but it can also be bad for business when you fall into the wrong hands, through networking i was introduced to an investment company, they told me my money would work for me and i will be receiving 15% of my investment every month, which i actually received for the first three months, i got too comfortable and invested more that was when they stopped replying to my messages, i was left with no profit at all..... I came across macprivateinvestigators@gmail.com also through networking, at first i was not sure if they were real but they proved me wrong by returning my entire investment to me. Now i network with caution.

    ReplyDelete