Saturday, April 16, 2011

Here Comes Easter


With Easter only a week away I've been a busy little bunny around here.  I've been decorating, baking, and "Easter Bunny" shopping till my heart's content. 


This is my Easter Bunny Village.  My mom gave it to me a few years ago.  I love all the pastel colors. 



Couldn't you imagine yourself walking down this street of bunnies?  They all look so friendly....


How can you not smile when you look at this?  I'll keep this village out all spring.

My little one loves it and calls it "Disney World". He said the same thing about my Christmas Village : )   



This year we decided to do an egg tree in the front yard.  I've always admired them in other people's yards and have been wanting to do one of my own for a long time.  When I mentioned it to my three year old he loved the idea!



It was a cold and windy day when we were decorating our tree...brrrr!



Now the Easter Bunny will know where to find him.  : )




I have little touches of Easter everywhere.  I love decorating for this holiday because it's an excuse to have all the tulips you want around the house.  All the colors are so bright and pretty. 




Inside, the promise of better days continues.  This weekend I planted my first seeds of the season.
These are lavender and daisys....



And these are  marigolds and wildflowers.  For now they are making their home on a sunny windowsill at my mother's house.  Once they are little sproutletts I will transplant them into pots and put them on my deck.  The thought of looking out my slider and seeing beautiful, colorful, flowers as I drink my morning coffee will someday be a reality - in only a few short weeks.  Yippeeeeee!



As a reward for doing such a good job decorating our Easter tree I had to make my little one a special desert. He Loves Sweets - - - it runs in the family.

This is just a plain yellow cake that I baked in a heart shaped pan.



I frosted it with chocolate frosting.  In my opinion, there is nothing better than yellow cake with chocolate frosting.  They are as good of friends a peanut butter and jelly!



To make the cake special I decorated it with M&M's, which are his favorite.  It only take a few minutes to turn something ordinary into some thing extra-ordinary....



and something that will make your little three year old's eyes go wide and think you are the best mom in the world.  If that's all it takes, then I'm IN!




No comments:

Post a Comment