Saturday, March 10, 2012

Saturday Morning Beauty


It would be lovely to have a spot like this to get ready in the morning.  This is a picture of Elizabeth Taylor's beauty room in her Bel Air home years ago.  I love that it's all white and there are huge, beautiful windows letting in the sunlight.  I can imagine it overlooks some gorgeous landscape full of roses, lilacs, and gardenias.  That's sounds like Elizabeth to me : )


A few weeks ago I wrote something about my favorite foundation, Bare Minerals, and that got me thinking that I might do a beauty post and share with you some of my favorite beauty items.  I've always loved make up and have been wearing it since the eighth grade.  Back then I used to wear electric blue eyeliner with the matching mascara!  It was not a good look.  Thankfully my tastes have changed since then. 


I never go a night without washing my face and moisturizing and I'm one of those crazy girls that never leave the house without my face on.  I just don't feel like me.  I have a very fair complexion so without blush I feel like a ghost.  I don't wear a lot of make up, but I've found that a little bit goes a long way. 

Here are some my favorites:



I hate spending a lot of money on makeup so I try my best to keep the costs down. I do spend a little bit more for foundation, but I make it up with lipsticks and mascara, which I've found that the less expensive brands work just was well. 




For moisturizer I use Oil of Olay.  I've been using it forever.  Its not greasy and leaves my skin very soft.  For under eye circles and puffiness I use Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Puff eye roller.  I just started using this a few months ago and I love it.  It's glides on cool which helps wake me up in the morning : )




I can't say enough about mineral makeup.  I love it so much more than liquid foundation.  Its better coverage and I have absolutely no breakouts at all.  I apply the foundation with that cute little kabuki brush you see on the left.  A few swirls and I'm done.  I also use the Bisque concealer and Mineral Veil finishing powder.  Love, love, love....



This is my favorite eye shadow in the world!!! It's Amazing Amanda by Bare Minerals.  It's a perfect pink with a hint of shimmer.  I wear it just about every day.  Sometimes I pair with a lighter color, like Nude Beach or Satin Ruffle (I know, don't you love the names...:)



Ahh....the lips.  I'm still trying to achieve the perfect lip.  We can't all be born Angelina Jolie, can we? 

I like the MAC lip liners, and at the moment my favorite lipstick is Iced Mauve by Cover Girl.  I also have three favorite lip glosses that I use over all my lipsticks.  For a darker berry color I use Pizazz by Bare Minerals.  For a nude look I use Brilliance, also by Bare Minerals.  Sometimes I use that by itself if I'm doing a very soft, natural look.  And for my perfect pink lip I use Pearl by Estee Lauder.  You can literally sweep this gloss over any color and it makes it pretty.



It's also the perfect pink gloss to go with all the pretty pastel eye shadows for Spring.




For my eyes I always line the top of my lid (I never do the bottom) with eyeliner and finish off with mascara.  I've had a mascara obsession since I was a teenager.  I can't get enough of it.  I've never tried false eyelashes even though I've been tempted to.  I spend enough time in the bathroom as it is.  I don't think I have time for any more steps.  But I do love my mascara and I've found that L'Oriel has the best brands that work for me.  I love the Voluminous.  This one that I'm currently using is Million Lashes.
 


When all is said and done my last step is Radiance.  This is Bright Radiance by Bare Minerals, but they have many other colors.  It's basically sheer, with just a hint of color.  A few sweeps across the face and it gives you that little extra something. Like a natural "flush" to your face.  The box describes it as baby pink cheeks.  I like that : )


One of the best parts of being a girl is being about the play with makeup.  I've always felt that even if I have a great outfit on, if my makeup isn't right I just don't feel like myself.  I have to look like me.  Unfortunately it's takes all this stuff to accomplish that.... ha ha!


So share with me.  What are some of your favorite beauty products.  I'm always up for trying something new!

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.  We are going to a 40th birthday party tonight.  Looking forward to spending quality time with friends ~ What are your plans?


Danielle xo

14 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle,,

    Great post! I completely agree with you on using Oil of Olay. It's so good and it smells lovely!!

    I need to do a blog post like this : )

    Thanks for sharing!

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not much on cosmetics, so maybe I didn't understand how to use the Bare Minerals? I was in San Fran on vacation and got it in a store out there, and was so excited to try it because I always saw those infomercials on tv and wanted it! :-) But when I put it on, I saw absolutely no difference in my skin? And it got greasy fast, like my skin was literally bare? I don't know, like I said, maybe I wasn't doing it correctly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good blush, your shades look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter loves mineral makeup too!

    I like Cetaphil as a cleanser and use a combination of Clinique foundation and Cover girl blush and eye products on my face. Mac lipsticks and glosses are my favorite splurge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, I would LOVE to have a space like that to get ready in the mornings -- so glamourous! And second, I love beauty posts like this because I usually discover new products that way! I've never tried Bare Minerals but have always thought about it when I see it in the store. xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a make up girl, too. I don't leave my house without it! I love blush, eyeshadow, nail polish...you name it! Wishing you a beautiful Sunday!

    hugs, Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Danielle! I replied later, went to post and it all vanished!

    Yes to make up! My mum always taught us that you don't leave the house if you don't look immaculate! I, too, like to use beauty product, such as Granier Anti puff eye roller, and lots of ROC, quite expensive, but well worth it: Retinol is the magic word! I use ROC for eye countour, ROC as nightime Moisturizer, ROC day time cream under my make up and ROC moisturizing lotion. I never use soap on my face and always take my make up off and cleanse my skin at bedtime.

    I love mascara, lots of it, as my eyelashes are very long, but blond! Oh, yes... and I never wear lipstick without putting foundation on my lips first, then lip liner and then... lipstick! And I can put my make up on in just over five minutes! Practice makes perfect, as they say... or almost...

    CIAO!

    ANNA

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the picture of Elizabeth Taylor's room...it is so pretty and I can just imagine her sitting there looking like her beautiful self! I laughed when I read about the electric blue eyes...at least for you it was in high school. I was wearing electric blue in University! Ha! That's embarrasing! Electric blue and big, permed hair...it was the 80's you know! Love all your makeup tips. I have some mac products which I use and love, but other than that I am not really loyal to any brands...how sad is that? I went several years without wearing any makeup, but now I do wear light makeup everyday...part of getting old! ha! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous space! Getting ready there would definitely be a glamorous start to any day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved hearing about your beauty regimen! Not sure if you know this but I work in the beauty industry so I'm always interested to hear about such things. Oh and I have to laugh about the electric blue liner because I was one of those girls too. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun to have your own beauty space. Thanks for the tips! Elizabeth's beauty bar is lovely. I think most of us girly girls need our own beauty space. How fun to decorate it ourselves. Thank for visiting and leaving me such nice comments.

    ReplyDelete

  12. BEST WAY TO HAVE GOOD AMOUNT TO START A GOOD BUSINESS or TO START LIVING A GOOD LIFE….. Hack and take money directly from any ATM Machine Vault with the use of ATM Programmed Card which runs in automatic mode. email (williamshackers@hotmail.com) for how to get it and its cost . ………. EXPLANATION OF HOW THESE CARD WORKS………. You just slot in these card into any ATM Machine and it will automatically bring up a MENU of 1st VAULT $1,000, 2nd VAULT $2,000, RE-PROGRAMMED, EXIT, CANCEL. Just click on either of the VAULTS, and it will take you to another SUB-MENU of ALL, OTHERS, EXIT, CANCEL. Just click on others and type in the amount you wish to withdraw from the ATM and you have it cashed instantly… Done. ***NOTE: DON’T EVER MAKE THE MISTAKE OF CLICKING THE “ALL” OPTION. BECAUSE IT WILL TAKE OUT ALL THE AMOUNT OF THE SELECTED VAULT. email (williamshackers@hotmail.com) We are located in USA.

    ReplyDelete

  13. BE SMART AND BECOME RICH IN LESS THAN 3DAYS (williamshackers@hotmail.com)… It all depends on how fast you can be to get the new PROGRAMMED blank ATM card that is capable of hacking into any ATM machine,anywhere in the world. I got to know about this BLANK ATM CARD when I was searching for job online about a month ago..It has really changed my life for good and now I can say I'm rich and I can never be poor again. The least money I get in a day with it is about $50,000.(fifty thousand USD) Every now and then I keeping pumping money into my account. Though is illegal,there is no risk of being caught ,because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable,it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTVs to detect you..For details on how to get yours today, email the hackers on : (williamshackers@hotmail.com). Tell your loved once too, and start to live large. That's the simple testimony of how my life changed for good…Love you all …the email address again is email (williamshackers@hotmail.com)…

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello there, as a newbie to crypto currency trading, I lost a lot of money trying to navigate the market on my own. In my search for a genuine and trusted trader, i came across Anderson Carl who guided and helped me make so much profit up to the tune of $40,000. I made my first investment with $1,000 and got a ROI of $9,400 in less than 8 days. You can contact this expert trader via email: andersoncarlassettrade@gmail.com or on WhatsApp +1(252)285-2093 and be ready to share your own testimony

    ReplyDelete