Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Cherry Menlove's Peach Cobbler and a little Fall decorating

 
Today was my son's first day of 1st grade.  I can hardly believe I am the Mom of a first grader!  It seems like just yesterday he was born.  How did this happen? Where does the time go?  Anyone?
 
 
 
 
This was him this morning.  Ready to face the world as a big shot!  I will be the first one to admit I had waaaay more butterflies than him! He marched into school, gave me a half turn and a wave, and off he went.  I was both proud and devastated at the same time.  Mostly proud (and just a bit devastated.  He is my one and only after all).
 
So I didn't drive myself crazy while he was gone I decided to keep myself busy with some Fall decorating.  I was ready to put away all the things that reminded me of summer and bring out some Fall fancies....starting with this wreath. 
 
 


Welcome ~ Autumn has arrived! Let's ignore the fact that it was in the 80's today and I still have my a/c on.  We won't think about that right now.  I'm in a Fall state of mind.... ♥



Light in the entrance way. I love these colors!
 


Happy Fall! I can't wait for the leaves to start changing!
 


 
Over the kitchen sink.  
 



Ok, maybe the "trick or treat" was a bit much, which was pointed out to me by my family, but I figured why not go all the way....




I usually have this simmering on crisp, cool, evenings.  Makes the whole house cozy.


 
 
Pumpkins are tucked in every corner. It's hard to tell in this picture, but this one is beaded and a little bit sparkly.  I got three of them at the Christmas Tree Shop a few years ago.  I love them!
   


 Pumpkin spice is burning of course!

 
 
I'm happy to say that the first day of school was a complete success and he can't wait to go back again tomorrow! Whew!  He loves his teacher and really enjoyed seeing all of his friends.  Let's hope this feeling of good will continues when the homework starts.  Yes indeed, there IS homework in first grade now.  I know...ugh!

Before I go, I've been meaning to share with you this video of Cherry Menlove's peach cobbler.  It's one of my favorite deserts of all time!  Not just because Cherry is absolutely adorable (which she is!), but because it's easy and always comes out perfect! I made it last weekend and served it with soft vanilla ice cream.  It was a hit!  I have the instructions  for you from when I blogged about it here, so check it out.  Make this cobbler for your family this week.  It will warm your heart.  Especially if it's a bit sad because your baby isn't quite a baby anymore ♥
 
 
 


Another reason why I love Cherry Menlove?  I Love Lucy in the kitchen! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment