Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Baked Spinach and Artichoke Dip


Back in March I posted a recipe for spinach and artichoke dip, but I didn't include any pictures. I just made it again on Saturday night and this time I had my camera handy, so I thought I would snap some photos. 

This dip reminds me of one of those hot and bubbly spinach & artichoke dips I used to get at TGI Friday's back in the 80's - only better.

It's easy to make and always a crowd pleaser. 

(Plus it's got two veggies in it - how bad can that be? =)

Here's what you need to make it:



2 boxes frozen chopped spinach
1 Tbsp butter
1 8oz package cream cheese
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 (14oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
½ cup sour cream
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Cook spinach according to directions. Drain well.

Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cream cheese and garlic. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly until cream cheese melts.




Fold in spinach, artichokes, sour cream, and ¼ cup mozzarella cheese. Stir until cheese melts.



Transfer mixture to a 1-qt. shallow baking dish.



Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup mozzarella cheese. (I always go heavy on the cheese….: )




Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.



Goes great with any kind of chips or crackers, but I prefer to serve it with Stacy's Pita Chips (they are sooo good : - )



Enjoy!

I could seriously eat this dip for dinner, but don't worry I didn't.  Ironically on Sunday my parents came by and brought these....



This is a stuffed artichoke that my mother made. (This one is mine cut in half, but she made enough for everyone)  She stuffs them with breadcrumbs, cheese, and seasonings.  Drizzles them with olive oil and cooks them on the stove until they are tender.  These aritichokes are a tradition in my family and are so deliscious.  We eat the stuffing off the leaves until we get to the heart, which is the best part and can be devoured - along with the stem - my next favorite part. 

I didn't realize it unti just now but I guess I got my fill of aritichokes this weekend.

Nothing wrong with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment