Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Weekend in New Hampshire ♥

This past weekend we were invited to spend the weekend with Rob's family in the beautiful mountains of New Hampshire. 



So we packed up the car and traveled about 3 and a half hours north of Boston to North Conway, NH. 

We were the first ones to arrive at the rental house so I had a chance to run around and snap a few pictures for you. 

This house was gorgeous!




It sleeps over thirty people and since there was 26 of us total (yes, that's right!!) there was plenty of room!

The kitchen had two fridges, two microwaves, and two stoves. 

But only one coffee pot, which surprised me...hmmm... : )


 


We all chipped in and brought up food, drinks, and snacks. 




The second level had another living room area with a pool table. 



Above that room was a loft area.

Huge windows offered beautiful views of the mountains.




There was also a lower level with bedrooms, a living room, and a full kitchen.  Most of the kids bunked down there. 



Everyone had their own bedroom with bathroom!

This was our room....




I slept in both days, because....why wouldn't I?




First night was pizza night.

And as you can see there was no shortage of drinks!





The kitchen table was big enough to accommodate everyone. 

I think it maybe the biggest one I've ever seen.




There was an outdoor patio area with a hot tub and fire pit. Rob and I found ourselves sitting out here most of the time, watching the sunset and enjoying the mountain air. It was very peaceful.




At night all the cousins made s'mores.  John definitely enjoyed that!

I loved that had got to spend quality time with his cousins. 

He had such a great time with them!




On Saturday we all broke up into groups and did our own things. Some went kayaking, some hiking, some biking.  We decided to keep it simple.  We strolled the town square, saw the train station, had ice cream, and went to my favorite general store. 




This is Zeb's.  A must see if you are in North Conway.  I love everything about this place. 

Especially this stove!




On the second floor I found the Christmas corner. 

My heart, my heart! ♥♥♥




John got an old fashion coke (in a glass bottle) and drank it on the porch of Zebs!




Yup...plenty of this too!




And while others kayaked, me and my peeps...well...we did this  :)




Saturday night we ate lasagna (courtesy of my mother in law).  It was delicious!!!

That night we played games, watched the Olympics, and John entertained some of us with his Elvis impression. 

Memories are made of this....




I couldn't get enough of the view. 

My only problem was at the house my phone wasn't working very well.  It's a weird feeling to be cut off from the internet.  I realized just how attached I am to it : )




On Sunday morning, before heading home, we went to a beautiful spot called Diana's Bath. It's a short hike (or I would even call it a nice walk) through the woods.  It opens up into a waterfall.  Very pretty! The kids climbed on the rocks and some (including John) jumped in the river for a swim. 



I walked around and enjoyed the view. 

The weather couldn't have been better and it was nice being with family. 




After that we filled our coffee mugs and headed home.  50's tunes on the radio and through Boston traffic we arrived home a few hours later. 



Back to the land of vanilla lattes, introvert time, and unlimited internet access!

♥♥♥Home Sweet Home! ♥♥♥


4 comments:

  1. Danielle, what an amazing weekend!
    That house! That view! The food!!!
    And you know, I'd be right there with you in those sweet shops!
    Glad your family enjoyed it.
    Glad you are Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing! You would have loved the shops! ♥

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a wonderful, relaxing weekend away! The house you stayed in is gorgeous! I don't think I've ever been in a house that big. So glad you got to spend some fun, quality time with family. XO

    ReplyDelete