Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Zucchini chocolate cake ♥

Hello!

Well here it is on Wednesday and I meant to post this on Monday.  This week has somehow gotten away from me.  Not a bad thing, because time flies when you're having fun : )

Here's a little peek into this past weekend....




Saturday morning baking session: Is it a cake or is it brownies? I'm still not sure. 

The recipe calls it brownies but I think it's more like cake. Either way, zucchini and chocolate go together like cream & sugar.

Very, very good!




First shred your zucchini.  You need two cups.  After shredding put it in a towel and squeeze out as much water as you can. 




The recipe comes courtesy of Allrecipes.com

Here's how to make it:

1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded zucchini
1/2 cups walnuts (optional)




Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour a 9x13 baking dish.
In a large bowl, mix together oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla until well blended.
Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. 
Stir into the sugar mixture (I used an electric mixer on low).
Fold in zucchini and nuts.  I did not put nuts in mine.




 Spread evenly into the prepared pan.  Bake 25-30 minutes. 

So good! Can be served as a dessert, snack, or even a breakfast cake.  I've done all three.

It does have a veggie in it after all!

We had ours with just a little whip cream, however baked in bundt pan with some chocolate frosting would be delicious too!





On Saturday night we got all dressed up and attended my niece's wedding.




This was John's first wedding ♥

He had so much fun! He made fast friends with the DJ and danced the night away :)




Everything about the wedding was gorgeous!



The beautiful bride!



Congratulations to Alycia and Mike!

They make a wonderful couple!



Our table....




And my adorable parents who make me so happy : )



Table selfie ♥




We got these pretty succulents to take home as favors. 

Since there were three of us I get to keep all three! Yay!




On Sunday morning we made a last minute decision and went to the beach. 

This was our first time all summer.

It felt good to dip my toes in the water and breathe in the ocean air. 




It was an absolutely perfect beach day!  




We met my in laws there and spent the day sitting under my pink and white umbrella talking while John swam and played in the sand. 




 He and I broke away for a bit and took a long walk along the water.  We talked and talked and collected shells.  It was my favorite part of the whole day ♥




 And with that we say goodbye to summer....




It's been a fun filled season!




But tomorrow is September 1st.... and you know what that means!


 photo booth fun at the wedding!

I'm switching to fall mode.....pumpkin spice and everything nice!


Enjoy your last day of August, dear friends! xo

2 comments:

  1. Would you believe Peyton is planning on making zucchini brownies today?!
    Yours look divine!
    Beautiful pictures of the wedding...
    She is a beautiful bride. I love her dress!
    I am so happy to see your sweet parents. : )
    And did I see a picture of your husband snuck in there?!?!
    Happy almost September, sweet friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! That's him in the photo booth! He hates having his picture taken for some reason....that I totally don't get because he's so cute! But sometimes I force him! LOL We were having fun in the photo booth! There was a table with wigs and funny hats you could use. John must have taken a dozen pictures with anyone and everyone that would go in there with him! : )

    ReplyDelete