Saturday, June 10, 2017

Weekly wrap up ♥




Hello Friends! Happy Sunday morning.  I know I'm a little late posting my weekly wrap up.  This past week was challenging for me. It was one of those crazy weeks where I was being pulled in ten different directions.  I'm not a person who does well under pressure. Nor am I a fan of change.  I much prefer life in the slow lane, but sometimes it doesn't always work out that way.  How do you deal with stress? Brownies and The Bachelorette are getting me through it. 
 
Also a good book!  I just started this one last night. It's the sequel to Sarah Addison Allen's Garden Spells, which I LOVED.  I've been waiting for the perfect time to read this book.  Now is the time.  Only three chapters in and I'm loving it. 





There is nothing like getting completely lost in a book.  It's the best feeling ♥






The weather here has been totally unpredictable.  The week started with rain, rain, and more rain.  It was cold and actually felt more like November than June.  We resisted the urge to turn the heat on (although it was tempting!) and bundled up in cozy blankets at night.  Then all of a sudden the sun came out and up went the temperatures.  Tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 90's!
 





Me not wanting to get out of bed.......






John not wanting to get out of bed... (yes, that's fidget spinner on his nose...)






Spinach salad with poppy seed dressing.  My attempt to eat healthier at work his week. 
 





Makes me feel less guiltily about the brownies I just made. 
 
I can't help it.  I told you, I'm stressed ♥



 


This helps too! The Bachelorette is really good this season! 






It's watermelon season!!!  This one was very sweet! Just the way we like it.






Do you know my favorite way to eat corn on the cob?  I cut it off the cob so it still stays in long strips, and eat it that way.  I know it's weird, but it tastes just as good and it doesn't get stuck in your teeth.  A little trick I learned back when I wore braces ♥



 
 

And these yummy potatoes!  My mother always called this Italian Potato Salad.  Just boil little potatoes (skin on) until tender.  Slice them if half if you want to.  Drain and then toss them in Italian dressing, salt & pepper, and parsley. Chill.  They are delicious!  
 





I checked this out of the library today.  I've heard a lot about this book so I'm anxious to see what it's all about.  I hope to find some new and interesting recipes inside! I follow Jessica on Instagram and her food looks amazing!





Freeze pops on the go! ♥
 
 




Having fun with snapchat filters.  Clearly I need a vacation. 






So there you have it.  I'm hoping to be more organized next week.  Get more sleep, take more deep breaths, and think more clearly.  If all that fails......






Whose with me????
 
 
xoxox
 

1 comment:

  1. Guess what? I love eating corn the same way! I like slicing it off the cob and trying to keep as much of the corn rows intact. Hahaha! Kindred spirits! I'm so glad I finally got caught up with your posts. I always look forward to them, sometimes it just takes a while for me to get to them. xoxo

    ReplyDelete