Monday, August 21, 2017

And so it begins...♥

Hello!
 
I wish I had some wonderful recipe to share with you today.  The truth is, I've had a zucchini in my fridge for over a week that I planned on making zucchini brownies with.  I love zucchini brownies. Have I had time? Nope : (
 
I haven't had time because I've been doing this...
 
Oh yes, it's begun.  All the horror stories I've heard about moving...I'm sorry to say...are true. 
 
The packing...oh dear. The packing. 
 
I started on Friday.  Where to begin.  People said leave your kitchen for last.  I couldn't. 
 
I started there first. 
 
 



Wrapping up my china cabinet tea cup by tea cup.  All neatly packaged like Christmas ornaments. 
 
Pulling appliances, pots & pans, platters, and baking dishes I haven't seen in 10 years, all out on to the floor to be wrapped and boxed. 
 
All I can say is, thank goodness for caffeine and chocolate! It's what I live for right now. 


 
 
 
The only good thing about it is we are  slowly bringing boxes to my parents house.  Everything I packed up this weekend is already over there.  I don't have to look at them until I'm ready to unpack. 
 
We box, load the car, and go. 
 
Luckily it's only 5 minutes away!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here we are.  A new space.  A clean slate. 
 
This looks much better ♥
 
 

 
 
 
I don't dread the unpacking as much as the packing. 
 
We don't have our kitchen cabinets yet (they are coming!) so I'm *patiently* waiting. 
 
I still need to buy curtains and a few area rugs.  I am not worried.  I will enjoy that process more. 
 
  
 
 
 

We have new walls to hang our pictures on and a new place for my glider chair and blanket.  I know it will all come in time.  I just have to grit my teeth and get through the next few weeks of chaos. 
 
Little by little, box by box. 
 
We've gone through the attic, basement, closets, shelves, drawers. I've filled so many bags and still so much more to do.  I think John has the most possessions out of all of us! : )
 





John's room is the coziest.  He's filling it up pretty good already and his bed hasn't even arrived. 
 
I'm sure we will rearrange things a hundred times before we get it right. 
 
I need to call places and change my address. Call the cable company because WE NEED CABLE and Rob is going shopping tomorrow for window shades and shower curtains. 
 
 I know I've forgotten something.  It's probably nothing.  I can't worry about it. 
 
I try to remember to take deep breaths every so often and stay positive.  I know how lucky I am.  I know we are fortunate people.  I don't want to complain.  But in all honestly, I wish I had a magic wand I could wave and all this would be done for me....♥
 
 
My current state of mind is this:
 
 
 
 

 When all is said and done, Rob has promised me a vacation.  In my mind, I'm already there!
 
Thank you for all your positive messages!  I can't tell you how much they have meant to me! 
 
Stay tune for better photos once I unpack a little.  
 
 I already know where I'm putting the Christmas tree : )
 
 
xoxoxo




4 comments:

  1. Look at you!!!
    You got this!!!!
    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following your blog for awhile and just love it. So inspiring! We live in NE Ohio and just moved 8 minutes away in June. I did the same thing, one load at a time. Hang in there, it gets better.......but I must say, I'm still unpacking........:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Pretty Danielle, But so much to look forward to! and to have your parents so close, and even closer soon lol What a blessing. I'll have an extra cup of coffee this morning just for you! : )You can do this!

    ReplyDelete