Saturday, September 9, 2017

Weekly wrap up...what a crazy week!

Hello Friends! I'm here! Alive and well : )  

This is the first post I've written since we moved.  It will be one week tomorrow. 
A part of me can't believe it actually happened.  But here we are.  And things are good!  Our move is done and we are settling into daily life and our routines. 

I've found the perfect spot to drink my morning coffee (which happens to be a rocking chair by the window in my bedroom) and on Wednesday night I baked muffins for John's first day of school.
It's the little things that bring me the most comfort. Life is resuming and I am happy.  

Here is a quick recap of my week.  It went by so fast! 





It's official.  Sold! 




We officially moved out last Saturday.

  I was able to spend a few moments alone in my house while waiting for the movers to come.  It felt very strange and made me sad to see it so empty. 

We've lived here for 19 years. 





 All happy memories....and we are ready to make some new ones. 





The movers arrived right on time! They loaded all my furniture and off they went on a 5 minute drive down the road to my new home.  Every piece of furniture fit and was set up exactly the way they found it.   They did a great job! 





Rob got me an extra LARGE pumpkin spice coffee because he knew it was going to be a long day and I was gonna need it.  He knows me well! :) 





It took all day to move everything in but we did it.  

We slept like logs that night, I'm sure from pure excitement and exhaustion. 

My bed felt SO GOOD! 






The next morning I started unboxing things.  Everything that I so very carefully wrapped, I tore open like it was Christmas! I've been having fun rearranging things, mainly because I can't remember how I had it in the first place!





Slowly things are starting to take shape...





And just like that, it's familiar again.






Rob hung my clock, my tea cup shelf, and a few other things to make it feel more like home.  I still have a lot to do (like hang curtains), but here's a little sneak peak of our family room.

I started putting out a few Fall decorations.






Saturday morning Rob and my Dad are putting in my kitchen cabinets.  I'll show you once they are installed.  You can actually see one of the cabinets behind the chair and a piece of the counter top leaning against the table against the wall.  Needless to say, things are still scattered about a bit and we are half living out of boxes.  

It gets better day by day.  If I empty at least one box per day I am happy.  We are getting there! 





Sunday night Rob took John and I out to dinner to celebrate.  I got the most delicious Atlantic Salmon with asparagus and a tomato cucumber salsa.  YUM!  



'

John's on a milk shake kick!  Everywhere we go he gets one! 

We raised our glasses and toasted the next chapter in our lives...






There was a full moon (on a cloudy night) this week. 

Different view, same moon. 

I knew she'd follow me :) 







And the BEST thing that happened this week???

This guy started 5th grade! 






So far we're off to a great start!  Two days in and not a complaint yet.  He's happy! 

*I can't believe my baby is in 5th grade!!!*







The temperatures have dropped and it's feeling like Fall around here.  I've noticed the leaves are starting to turn colors.  It's a lovely time of year.  But as much as I'm enjoying life these days my heart and prayers go out to all of those of are not as fortunate.  Friends in Texas and Florida, and all over the country and world, I am praying for you.  






I would also like to thank all of my friends who have send me messages and cards and comments on my blog, twitter, and Instagram wishing me well with my move, and checking in on me.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate you! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  Your kinds words have meant the world to me! xoxoxo


2 comments:

  1. Dannielle,
    I have been thinking about you, and wondering how it all went.
    I am sooo happy that the big move is over and you are all settled and cozy!!!
    It looks sooo lovely.
    Now...sit back and enjoy your new/old old home, your parents, and FALL!!!
    Hugs, my friends.
    P.S. Have a great year, Mr. 5th Grade!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is shocking news in the sports betting world.

    It has been said that every bettor must watch this,

    Watch this now or stop placing bets on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Sports Betting ROBOT

    ReplyDelete