Thursday, July 19, 2018

Current favorite beauty products...Summer edition ♥

Every season I seem to add something new to my beauty routine. This summer I've been spending a lot of time at the beach.  This has made me want to lighten up my make up routine a bit.  I am the type of girl who will never be able to go completely bare faced, but I do like to have my makeup a little more sheer and natural in the summer.  

I've made a few slight changes in products the past month.  I've been really happy with the results so I thought I would share with you.... 




I've started using this hydrating face serum from Skin Science at night.  First, I remove all my makeup and cleanse my face.  Before applying my moisturizer I take a few drops of this serum and rub it gently into my face and neck.  (I let it all soak in before putting on my moisturizer.)

  It's very hydrating and when I wake up in the morning my skin is so smooooth.  This is my first experience with a serum and I really, really like it.  With all the heat this summer I felt my skin needed this extra boost of hydration : ) 




For a foundation I have been using this BB Pure Beauty Balm from Maybelline.  I was experiencing some break outs at the beginning of summer, something that happens to me a lot in the hot weather. This beauty balm is "skin clearing" and contains salicylic acid, which aids in cleaning up blemishes.  It goes on light and I'm happy to say I'm very pleased with the results. I set the foundation with  CC Perfecting Powder from IT Cosmetics (not pictured, but trust me...it's the best!).  




I treated myself to a new kabuki brush!  I was way overdue! This one from ELF is wonderful! 
(and only $4!!)
 
For a finishing touch I've been using the Bare Minerals tinted mineral veil.  I love it!!!  
It's sheer and gives me just a hint of color.  

* *by the way, my Olay moisturizer, CC powder from IT, and the Bare Minerals mineral veil all have SPF in them!!!**




I've been using powder blushes since the beginning of time.  I've just recently made the switch to cream.  I really like this one from ELF.  It's long lasting gives a nice "dewy" shine to my cheeks.

The color is more rosy that it appears in this picture. 

The actual name of this one is "soft rose" ♥




This is the one I'm most excited about!  Nude Glow eye shadow by Maybelline.  It's a shimmery gold color that I love, love, love!
 
I also add a little swipe across my bottom lash line.  Its quite lovely in my opinion. 
(then again, I love a bit of sparkle : )



And lastly, this new lip color from Bite that I got as a free gift at Sephora a few weeks back.  It's a very pretty dusty rose color called Glace.  I top it with a clear gloss and it looks very natural.




Oh, I have one more! How could I forget....I'm obsessed with this lotion from Bath & Body!!!
Hello Beautiful! It's perfect for summer!!  





And there you are! A few new additions to my beauty routine this summer. 
 
Have you tried anything new recently that you are loving?  I would love to hear about it!
 
Thanks for joining me for a little make up talk today. 
 
Have a beautiful day, Friends! ♥
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. You always look lovely, Danielle. I like Bare Minerals as well in the summer, but this year I've been using IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Compact foundation. It's SPF 50 and goes on light and covers my imperfections. In the winter I use their liquid CC foundation with SPF 50. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Martha Ellen. You always look beautiful! The only thing I put on my face is a daily moisturizer. My go-to used to be an aloe moisturizer from the Body Shop, but I've recently switched to Aveeno Positively Radiant with SPF 30. The one from the Body Shop didn't have any sunscreen in it, and I wanted something with sun protection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's working really well for me. Oil free, hypoallergenic, and non-comedogenic. BTW, I stopped using that anti-wrinkle cream I tried a while back. After a few weeks, I didn't see any noticeable difference. I gave up on the idea. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work…
    Buy toe separators

    ReplyDelete