Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Sweet & Sour Chicken (slow cooker style ♥ )

Hello Friends!  How are you? 

Brrrr! Baby it's cold outside!  Not a green leaf in sight. Every once in a while I peek out our back window and I see a few random ducks swimming around in the icy river and I think, wow they must be freezing.  Their little flippers numb. But funny enough, they don't seem to mind.  By the time I get my camera they are gone. Happily quacking off to their next spot. They are enjoying this weather just like it were a spring day. I like their attitude! : ) 

As for me, I've been plugging away, duck style. There are many things to keep me busy lately. 

I've done a little Valentines Day decorating around the house AND tomorrow is Rob's birthday!  For the first time I bought sparkler candles for his cake that I can't wait to try.  Nothing says happy birthday like flaming sparklers, don't you think? 
Hopefully it will all go over well and won't melt his lemon cake! We shall see! 
We've already celebrated with his family and my family, so tomorrow night it will just be us. 
A quiet dinner and flaming cake! LOL 

And lets not forget the Superbowl this weekend! Our Patriots have made it once again so we'll be watching.  Whatever the outcome I can guarantee one thing... there will be nachos! 
(because, let's be real...I'm in it for the snacks!) 




So many of you are dealing with icy cold temps this week, so for all my pink cheeked friends out there bearing this cold winter......


this is for you  (click and listen) 





Bing says it best and makes my heart happy.  That's why he's the best... <3


I hope you are all hunkered down with cozy blankets and candles and good books and old movies and hot soup!  

And if you have a slow cooker here is an easy recipe for you to make!  

Sweet & Sour Chicken!  It's sooooooo good! 

The chicken is so tender you don't even need a knife.  







Just three ingredients....ok 4, if you count the chicken. 

I used 4 large, boneless, skinless, chicken breasts.
(you could also use chicken thighs if you want)





Put them in the slow cooker.  Add 1 cup of apricot jam, 1 cup of Russian (or Catalina) dressing, and 1 packet of Lipton onion soup mix.  Stir it all around, put the lid on, and that's it! 

Cook on high for 5 hours : ) 


 


Serve with rice or egg noodles.  Sprinkle on some fresh parsley if you want to be fancy : ) 

There will be plenty of yummy sauce to drizzle so have at it!  


And one last thing before I go.... if this time of year has you feeling a bit stressed, I came across this little gem on Pinterest that I thought I would share with you....




So simple, but so true! 


Happy Wednesday, friends!   Have a great day! 

xoxox 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Danielle. It's cold here, too! I don't mind it, but when it's damp too, not so much! The chicken sounds wonderful and easy. I'll give that a try. Do you have a great nacho recipe? I bet you do!! I'm trying to get a little long range planning done this week. So far not successful -- some interruptions. Going to give it another try tomorrow! Wish me success!! :-) Yes, indeed, we'll be watching the Super Bowl. So excited to see the Patriots again! I'm making Boston Cream Pie (Yankee Magazine recipe) to celebrate!! Have a great weekend! Jane xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been pretty cold the last few weeks, but we are supposed to have a couple of warm days this weekend. I'm looking forward to it!

    That dish looks so delicious!! Yum.

    Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete