Friday, September 13, 2019

Happiness is....September Days ♥



September days make me happy 

The weather is getting cooler and there is a slight scent of apple in the breeze. I take deep breaths outside and it renews me.  What a beautiful time of year! 

We are finally getting settled into the swing of our new routine. Morning school runs, extra curricular activities, and evening homework have to be worked in to our schedule.  Last night was "parents night" at John's school.  An evening I always enjoy because we get to meet the teachers and hear about all the things the students will be learning this year. 
He's growing up so quickly and I'm just trying to keep up : ) 

Everyday I remind myself to slow down and enjoy all the moments. Especially the little ones.  
For they pass too quickly, don't they? 

My daily mantra is this: 

Don't get caught up in the hustle and bustle.  Take time to read books, watch TV shows, be cozy, take a walk, treat yourself to a croissant at the bakery.  Everything will get done.  Do not stress.  

Good advice.  Am I right? 

My favorite time of day is the afternoons after I pick John up from school.  On most days, for 2 hours it's just him and I.  I make us a snack and we unwind and talk about our days.  He shows me funny videos on his phone or we'll watch a show together.  We may or may not almost doze off... : )  
It's a well needed rest before dinner and homework.  

This weekend I plan on cooking up something yummy in the crock pot.  I'm not sure what it is yet, but I am going to figure it out as soon as I hit publish on this post.  I have a busy Saturday with a haircut appointment, getting my car an oil change, and a bunch of errands to run with John.  A hot meal bubbling away in the crock pot when we get home will be a lifesaver.  It's comfort food season and I couldn't be happier!!  My mom also asked me to make an apple pie for my sisters birthday dinner on Monday night.  It will be my first pie of the season! 
The first of many I'm sure 

So many reasons to love September.  We are entering cozy season.  Sweaters (or in my case cardigans!), crunchy leaves, pumpkins, Charlie Brown everywhere, warm slippers, cool mornings, Frank Sinatra singing  Moonlight in Vermont to me in my car every day...
Let's make it last as long as we can, ok? 


Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!!  I'm off to sift through my crock pot recipes. 

Wish me luck!

xoxo

PS. put a dollop of whip cream in your coffee, top it with a dash of cinnamon, light a candle, and click the Moonlight in Vermont link above for some beautiful music & inspiration.  Enjoy!!!



1 comment:

  1. Yes to everything!
    And let me know what you decide to cook tomorrow.
    Because I will promptly be copying you. : )
    And I am going to make that cup of coffee tonight! Love you!

    ReplyDelete