Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Orange Bundt Cake ♥

Hello Friends! 

Week one of the year is well underway.  How's it going for you?  So far so good over here.  It's always a little tough to get back into the swing of our everyday routine after the holidays. We all have holiday hangovers.  Especially John.  He's doing remote school this week.  He's got a nice shirt on top and plaid pajamas on the bottom.  He's not ready to go back yet and I don't blame him : ) 

{Side note, I don't know where he gets that from.  It's not like I've ever done that during a zoom work meeting....never...}   

Over the weekend I cleaned and did a little organizing which make me feel like I was off to a decent start.  I cleaned out our file cabinet.  Not the most glamour job but something that had to be done.  Whoever said we are living in a paperless environment has never met my file cabinet.  I'm trying to be better though.  Is it really necessary to have cell phone bills from 2016?  I don't think so.  
The purge has begun! 😀




Let's hope I can keep this productive pace.  We're only 6 days in! 

 


Anyway.....

I had left over oranges in my fridge after making my garland so I decided to whip up a little tea cake.  I felt a tad guilty making a cake the first week of January when everyone is trying to get rid of sweets in the house and be healthy.  But let's be real...that's not who I am : )

I did forgo the glaze and sprinkled powdered sugar instead.  That's up to you.  It was a decision I may have regretted but I'll never admit it (or make that mistake again...lol).




Nonetheless, this is a delicious little cake.  It's perfect when you need a "little something" after dinner or mid afternoon.  Nice with a hot cup of tea or coffee and a book.  It's a cozy cake. 
And I'm all about the cozy lately.  

You don't want to skimp on the zest.  It's what gives it that extra orange kick.  I also find it quite satisfying to see little flecks of orange in the cake.  It's so good.  

I hope you love it 




The recipe comes from I Knead to Eat.  Here is the link to the recipe in case you want to make the glaze.  She also has some great tips on making bundt cakes!

  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice from about 3 oranges
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 5-6 tablespoons orange zest from about 3 oranges

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients, and mix until combined. Set aside.

In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients and whisk until combined.

Slowly add the dry ingredient mix to the wet ingredients, and lightly whisk until combined. Do not over mix.

Pour the batter into a greased and floured bundt pan and bake for about 30-40 minutes until lightly golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean. 

Cool completely on baking rack.
 
Sugar or glaze to your hearts desire! 


Happy Wednesday Everyone! 
It's been lightly snowing here all week.  These are the January days I think about in July. 
Cold, dark, frosty, but ever so warm inside.
 
See you on Friday! 

1 comment:

  1. This is why I adore you!
    Wish I could share a slice. Or two.

    ReplyDelete