Tuesday, November 2, 2021

French Onion Pork Chops ♥

Good Morning Friends!  Happy Halloween! 

I hope you all had a happy, safe, and not too scary holiday!  I don't know about you, but for the last few days I have been living off a steady diet of sugary treats and chocolate bars! I end up raiding John's candy and eat all the ones he can't eat. This would be anything with peanuts & peanut butter. UGH! I am a magnet to the candy bowl and it's only the beginning.  It's THAT time of year again and there is no escaping it! 

We had a fun Halloween.  It's much different now that he's older, but he still got in the spirit, hung around with some friends and had fun trick or treating at a few houses.  My friend Courtney always does a lovely spread of goodies and cocoa on her porch for anyone that wants to come.  We've been going since John was in first grade.  Not last year because of covid so it was nice to be back celebrating this year! 

He was Jason from Friday the13th (we've come a long way from Woody the Cowboy and hot dog costumes!).




Very Scary!! 


And now it's November! Holy Cow! Time is marching on....


Well, here's a new recipe I tried earlier this week that I wanted to share with you. 

French Onion Pork Chops!

 I saw this on YouTube and immediately knew I wanted to try it because I love French onion soup and I love easy recipes! 

It was simple to make, had delicious flavor, and my family loved it.  

I will definitely be adding this recipe to the winter rotation : ) 





Here's what you need:

4 boneless pork chops

2 yellow onions

olive oil & butter

beef broth

S&P, garlic powder, & thyme

flour

cheese





Cut the onions into rings.  Sauté in 2 tbls of butter and 1 tbls of olive oil. 
Cook for about 5 minutes and then add in 1/4 beef broth. Let cook for about 12 minutes, until the onions are soft and golden brown. 

 Remove from pan and set aside. 





Season pork chops with garlic powder, S&P, and thyme on each side.  Add to the pan and cook 4-5 minutes on each side. 

Remove from pan and set aside. 





Add onions back into the pan along with 2 tablespoons of flour.  Stir together until flour is dissolved  and then add in 1 cup of beef broth.  

Whisk together and simmer until sauce thickens. 




Add pork chops back into the pan. 

Add cheese on top of each chop if you'd like. (I used mozzarella, but provolone or swiss would be delish : )

Cover and let simmer until cheese is melted and chops are cooked through.  

Just a few more minutes 




I served ours with mashed potatoes and broccoli. YUM! 

It was a hearty, warm meal that we all enjoyed! 

I think I can put the breaks on desserts this week.  We have enough sweets to tide us over for a while! LOL

Have a great day friends! Are you putting up your Christmas decorations yet? I'm not...but I'm thinking about it  🎄🤶

Bye!!! xoxoxo 

3 comments:

  1. Those pork chops look amazing! Yummy. We were just talking about how Alice dressed up as Woody from Toy Store 3 years in a row. 😁 This year she refused to trick or treat, but she dressed up as Marvel superhero Kate Bishop and handed out candy. Miss those little kid days….. (also, I was totally candy-less the day after Halloween!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! These look so good! I’ll be adding this recipe to my winter dishes! Thank you!
    ~Nancy You know me as nance_endless_summer on IG

    ReplyDelete
  3. All thanks to Mr Anderson for helping with my profits and making my fifth withdrawal possible. I'm here to share an amazing life changing opportunity with you. its called Bitcoin / Forex trading options. it is a highly lucrative business which can earn you as much as $2,570 in a week from an initial investment of just $200. I am living proof of this great business opportunity. If anyone is interested in trading on bitcoin or any cryptocurrency and want a successful trade without losing notify Mr Anderson now.Whatsapp: (+447883246472 )
    Email: tdameritrade077@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete