Friday, June 17, 2022

Weekly wrap up and dinner for one: Pasta Puntanesca ♥

 Hello Friends! Happy Friday! 

Today is my third favorite day of the week.  First is Sunday, then Saturday, and then Friday.  

Can you see a pattern? I live for weekends : )




The days have been hot and humid.  Spring has pretty much disappeared and we are in full summer mode now.  We have been eating strawberries like crazy, going for walks after dinner when the weather gets a bit cooler, and going out for ice cream on Sundays.  Summers are so different now than they used to be.  I remember once school got out having to fill every moment with things for us to do.  Play dates, trips to the pool, story times at the library.  I loved every minute.  The days are much slower and relaxed now.  We watch movies together or play games.  Sometimes all three of us are in separate rooms reading books.  I like that too.  I make tea in the afternoons (or iced coffees if it's really hot) and we'll sit and talk or watch funny videos on YouTube. 

I hope it stays this way for a while : ) 



John has 7 days of school left before his summer break.  And what a year it's been.  Unlike any other.  He's preparing for his finals now and I'm so proud of what he's accomplished his freshman year.  As soon as he's done we are taking a little trip to celebrate. It's been a long time coming and we are over the moon with excitement.  More on that later! : ) 


♥ two of my favorite things: Lucy and flowers 


Something very rare happened to me this week.   My boys were out at a concert and I found myself alone for dinner.  The first time in a long time I didn't have to feed anybody but myself. My first thought was to make myself a bowl of cereal and call it a night. But after seeing a jar of olives in the fridge I remembered this pasta dish that I absolutely love.  I had to decide if waiting for the pasta water  to boil was worth the effort.....It was! 




Pasta Puntanesca is a quick and easy dish that you can make for one or for many.  The measurements aren't a science.  Just gage it to your taste.  

Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil with 2-3 minced garlic cloves (depending on how much you LOVE garlic).  Pour over a serving of cooked linguini.  Add chopped Kalamata olives, cracked black pepper, and lots of parmesan cheese. Toss and enjoy!  

I had enough left over for lunch the next day! 

DELICIOUS and let's face it...you can never go wrong with pasta 



So what's up for the weekend?

As you know we are huge Disney fans in this house. Tomorrow we are seeing the new Pixar movie Lightyear, about one of my favorite characters - Buzz Lightyear! 

I'm hoping it will not disappoint me : )

Sunday we are celebrating Father's Day with Rob's family at my sister in laws and Monday night we will be celebrating at home with my family.  

It's going to be a busy weekend indeed! 

I've got a lot of cooking to do 

 



The beautiful flowers of summer! These roses came from a bush in the front yard.  I have them spread out everywhere. Pretty to look at but don't touch.  They have thorns that will mame you!! I speak from experience! 

Have a lovely weekend my friends!  I hope the summer sun is shining on you today and good things come your way  

Bye!! xoxoxoxo 


No comments:

Post a Comment