Tuesday, August 22, 2023

A Beautifully Ordinary Weekend ♥




Hello Friends! 

Well, we've reached the point in the summer where things are starting to wind down.  I feel the need to get whatever I had put off this summer done as soon possible because August is slipping away.  And as much as I love the Fall, I will miss our carefree relaxed days of summer.  Yesterday I took John for his yearly checkup needed for school, a sure fire sign summer is ending. Next week is the dentist and we need to pick up some school supplies.  It's happening. As always it went by too fast and I can hardly remember what I did a month ago.  

Our goal for the next two weeks is to be happy and enjoy our last days of summer vacation.  We do have a few events planned to make it special, but as you know, I do love the ordinary things.  For me, that's what makes our days perfect.  

This past weekend was beautifully ordinary.  On Saturday John and I ran some errands in the morning.  He treated me to a Dunkies pumpkin spice coffee which was a perfect way to start the day.  We share a love of coffee now and I'm slowly converting him into a pumpkin spice lover too :) We went to Walmart, the grocery store, and a thrift store.  Another love we have in common.  Searching for treasures. In the afternoon I started pulling out some of my Fall décor.  I lit an apple scented candle and went to work dusting off surfaces and happily decorating with red, orange, and yellow things.  I put the Hallmark channel on to keep me company. It made me happy 

Sunday we all got up early and went to mass. There is something about an early morning mass that I really love.  The world is still quiet and peaceful.  We had a delicious breakfast afterwards at one of our favorite diners, followed by a walk in the park.  It was a beautiful day to boot! One of those late summer days where you can feel the coolness of September coming.  

In the afternoon I made zucchini bread which made the house smell incredibly good.  I puttered around the house, did some laundry, watered my plants, and then we all sat in the family room and watched some TV.  Dinner was a roast chicken and tomato salad with tomatoes from my father in laws garden.  

Rob and John took a walk after dinner while I cleaned up and then it was time to settle in for the night.  Did I mention I finished Where the Crawdad Sings! LOVED IT! I'm curious to watch the movie to see if it holds true to the book.  I hope so!  Sunday night I started The Only One Left by Riley Sager.  I'm loving it so far.  It's got some creepy spooky vibes to it, which is what I'm looking for this time of year.  I paired it with a cup of Earl Gray tea.  Heaven : ) 




 


























It doesn't get more ordinary than that.  And I wouldn't have changed a thing. 

And now it's new week.  Let's soak up these last days of August with pleasure, one day at a time. 

Have a wonderful day, my friends! 

Byeeeeee xoxox 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle!
    You sound a lot like me! Just went on a Dunkin run for some PS today : ) I tried the cold foam cold brew pumpkin….it’s amazing! My youngest starts her senior year tomorrow, my oldest moved into her college dorm Sunday as a junior. Time flies : (
    And I agree ordinary is good. Have a great week!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure looks and sounds like one of those very perfect ordinary weekends. They truly can be the best! Enjoy these last fleeting days of summer dear Friend. I can almost smell that zucchini bread! Yum!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contact Captain WebGenesis, the best hacker.

    Because she believed I was out of the country, my wife thought I was a fool not to learn about her undercover romances with a few random males. Well, Captain WebGenesis, I owe you a big thank you for helping me capture my unfaithful wife covertly and remotely. Contact Captain WebGenesis if you require the assistance of a skilled hacker including services such as Bitcoin recovery, Credit score fixing, clearing criminal records and many more Email address to reach out the Expert is (captainwebgenesis@hackermail.com).

    ReplyDelete