Monday, August 7, 2023

Weekend in Cape Cod ♥

Hello Friends! 

It's Monday already. I hope you are all off to a nice start to the week.  I am moving a little slow today but that's just because we are just back from a long weekend in Cape Cod with Rob's family.  Every year we try to do something special where we all can get together.  With so many conflicting schedules (there's 12 of us!) it's not always easy.  This weekend was booked back in September! 

In past years we've gone to the mountains in New Hampshire (which is my favorite place :) but this time we decided to switch things up and go to the beach. It only took us an hour and 15 minutes to get there.  
 
We stayed at the Red Jacket Resort in West Yarmouth, MA.  

It was LOVELY and I highly recommend it. 



 



 The beaches are beautiful in Cape Cod.  

I could sit for hours just watching the waves come in and out.  In fact, I did 

I heard the water was cold but I admit I didn't even put my toes in.  I was happy just sitting and smelling the salty air with my feet up. Our chairs were so close to the water. 





Our resort had a private beach which was very quiet.  Some of us stayed on the sand all day, some took advantage of the indoor or outdoor pool (or both), and some of us (me) enjoyed the covered pavilion overlooking the beach.  It was under a tent so plenty of shade, with nice comfy couches! 

There was also music and free popsicles : ) 




We played bocce on the beach, had cocktail hour every night in my in-laws room before dinner, and went out for gelato several times at this awesome place 5 minutes from the hotel.  

It was SO good! (definitely a highlight of the trip : ) 







They make it fresh every morning.

My favorite was the strawberry cheesecake! The chocolate espresso was amazing too. 

OMG still thinking about it....




There's beautiful landscaping everywhere you turn.  I enjoyed just walking around admire all the flowers.  

At night we changed into our comfy clothes and all gathered in my in-laws room for games.  

We had a lot of laughs 







Family ♥







On our last night we took some photos on the beach and went out for a yummy Italian meal. 




I was told eggplant was the specialty.  It didn't disappoint! 




The weekend flew by and before I knew it we were back home.  

Sleeping in my own bed felt so good.  




Cape Cod, Summer 2023
Thanks for the memories 

4 comments:

  1. I loved all of the pictures. Happy to hear you had a wonderful family weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip :) I would love to go there some day! How special to have the whole family together in one place. I know that takes some planning. The beach looks very relaxing and the food sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a delightful trip to get together with family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Contact Captain WebGenesis, the best hacker.

    Because she believed I was out of the country, my wife thought I was a fool not to learn about her undercover romances with a few random males. Well, Captain WebGenesis, I owe you a big thank you for helping me capture my unfaithful wife covertly and remotely. Contact Captain WebGenesis if you require the assistance of a skilled hacker including services such as Bitcoin recovery, Credit score fixing, clearing criminal records and many more Email address to reach out the Expert is (captainwebgenesis@hackermail.com).

    ReplyDelete