Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Cozy October! ♥

 Hello Lovely Friends! 

As I type this post I am cozy warm in my home office.  It's raining today so it's a bit gloomy and I have little pumpkin lights strung over the window.  It's giving the room a warm orange glow that I am really enjoying. In case you hadn't figured it out already, I am a lighting person.  I love twinkle lights and little lamps and mood lighting.  Anything resembling candle light (or actual candle light) I'm here for.  I detest bright lighting and I recently saw on YouTube that you can actually paint your lightbulbs to create a softer glow.  Whose doing this?  Have you ever heard of such a thing? I hadn't but you better believe I'm going to try it : )  



This weekend I took an hour to myself and pulled out all of my warm sweaters and pajamas and socks.  I fluffed them all up and brought them to the front of my drawers.  I folded and put away anything resembling summer until next year.  It's cozy time now.  Sweater weather has arrived.  I put an extra blanket on the bed and made a mental note that it's time for me to get new slippers.  Holiday ones perhaps.  I like to get mine at the Hallmark Store.  They have so many cute ones.  And I live in slippers.  Cardigans and slippers. 

Two of my favorite things 


These colors make me so happy : )

I just made myself a steaming cup of Earl Gray Tea.  You all know how much of a coffee girl I am, but in the afternoons and evenings I do love a hot cup of tea.  Especially this time of year.  Lately I've been obsessed with it.  I love all kinds of tea but my favorite is Earl Gray.  I like it with milk and sugar or a little bit of honey.  So good.  There is one pumpkin muffin left and I'm saving it for Rob so I just grabbed two biscottis from the panty to dunk in my tea.  I'm also a dunker.  I live on the edge :)  




Thank you so much to everyone that reached out to me about my mom.  She's doing ok.  She has a nurse, physical therapist, and occupational therapist.  It was slow getting started, but now they come here to the house a few times a week (each!).  She's being well looked after, that's for sure.  It's definitely a slow process but she's improving.  I'm just glad she's home and is able to recover and be comfortable in her own house with all of us around her.  Yesterday I brought out the storage bin with all her Halloween decorations. She pointed to where she wanted the stuff to go and I put it there.  It was fun and really make all of us feel good and festive.  Things like that are really important. 

 I think so anyway.  She does too. 

Isn't this cute? She painted it a long time ago : ) 

And that's where I am today friends.  I just finished working for the day and it's almost time to start dinner.  I'm roasting chicken thighs and potatoes tonight which will make the kitchen smell like heaven.  Last time I made this it was a big hit so hopefully this time it comes out just as good! : ) 

  **update - this was last night and it came out YUMMY!**



I'm going to finish my tea first and see what's on QVC.  I love QVC btw!  I've been watching it for years.  For some reason it's a comfort to me.  My favorites are the cooking shows (I love David : ).  I get the best gift ideas from watching the hosts and I find it just plain entertaining.  I can remember my mother and I watching Joan Rivers Jewelry I was a teenager. In fact I still have some of the jewelry, which is quite pretty.  I just came across it when I cleaned out my jewelry box last month.  I'm keeping it all for sentimental reasons 



Have a wonderful Tuesday, friends!  Wednesday I'm going with Rob to a doctors appointment and I'm hoping to get a breakfast (or at least a coffee : ) out of it.  Haha! And then on Friday John is going with his friends to a Haunted House.  That should be interesting!  Me personally, I hate haunted houses! I get freaked out in the parking lot! Lol : ) 




Happy Tuesday, Friends! Stay cozy! xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Oh my, we are such kindred spirits Danielle! I'm such a cozy lighting person too and Matt and the kiddos are often saying - why is it so dark in here? Lol And I'm also an Earl Grey loving dunker!! And I like it London fog style (adding milk) too. :)
    And to top it off you love QVC too?? I live for that channel this time of year especially. I love David - but I adore Valerie Parr Hill and still have several home decor and holiday items from her line. I also have used several of her line as gifts. Well I felt like I knew you already - but now I really feel like you're the bestie across the way. 💗
    Continued prayers and blessings for your Mom's speedy recovery! 🙏 Love her wreath - so cute!! 🎃 xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are with lighting like I am with the temperature! Every single person that comes to my house says that it is freezing! LOL! Love your cozy feel, my friend. Prayers continue for your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continued prayers for your mom. I hope she continues to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cozy too! Your sweaters are pretty… maybe you could do a fall/ winter clothing and makeup post? The muffins look yummy, I may need to bake something this week
    : ) Praying for your mom. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cozy lighting too! And how I wish it were sweater weather here in Texas! Have a wonderfully cozy week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is quite possibly my most favorite post EVER from you! I absolutely agree with everything here!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have been enjoying these beautiful autumn weeks. Those sweaters stacked like that look so pretty. But I'm okay without sweater weather this week:) I'm a dunker, too...and love to dunk biscotti!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bitcoin investments Scams

    Beware of Bitcoin investment schemes where scammers, posing as experienced "investment managers," lure investors with tales of massive cryptocurrency profits. Promising hefty returns, these fraudsters ask for an upfront fee, only to vanish with your money, leaving you with empty promises. They may even ask for personal information under the guise of fund transfers, risking your cryptocurrency security. Don't let the allure of quick wealth cloud your judgment. Always verify the credibility of those you're investing with and remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Stay informed, invest wisely, and protect your digital assets.

    Got Scammed Online?

    Rustik Cyber Hack Service Team Of Experts Specialize In Retrieving Lost Funds From fraudulent Brokers. Crypto, BTC, Usdt , Eth, and Bank Transferred Funds scammed, etc.

    Get more information on Web site: RUSTIKCYBERHACKSERVICE. COM and easily reach out to Rustik Cyber Hack Service through WhatsApp + 1.38.63.48.78.38 and Telegram: @rustikcyberhackservice Email: rustikcyberhackservice@Gmail.com

    #CryptoScamAlert #InvestSmart #BitcoinBeware #SecureYourCrypto #FraudPrevention

    ReplyDelete