Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Update ♥


 

Hello Friends! Happy Halloween and Happy November 1st 

September and October looked a lot different to me this year and in some ways are a blur.  I apologize for my absence here these last few weeks.  My poor mother, who is literally the strongest person I know, has really been struggling.  Since I last posted she has been in and out of the hospital twice battling a bad infection that has attacked her immune system.  She is currently in the hospital again and we are awaiting test results on how to treat it.  The last time she came home and was able to get home care.  I am praying we can go that route again.  Its been an emotional roller coast ride and I know I have to be strong for my family, especially my Dad.  I just want her to get well and be comfortable and happy at home. If you are the praying kind, I ask that you keep my mom (and Dad) in your prayers.  They are the best people I know who have given so much to their family. I pray for strength every day to know what to do and how to do it.  I understand this is a natural course of life.  It's just really hard when you are going through it.  

One day last week John and I went for a walk around the neighborhood.  I needed to get out of the house for a few minutes and get some fresh air.  To my surprise I looked up to see that fall had finally arrived.  I'd been so preoccupied I almost missed it.  We walked in the crunchy leaves and I smelled the crispness in the air and someone must have had a fire burning because I smelled that too.  It was really lovely and just what I needed in that moment.  

Last night was Halloween.  John carved his pumpkin and I cooked the seeds (which I've been snacking on all day).  He went to a friends house last night with some buddies to hang out and play video games.  He had a great time and I'm SO glad!  We are trying our best to say positive as well as keep normalcy and traditions.  Our neighborhood was full of trick or treaters.  For the first time in forever I put a bowl of candy outside with a "help yourself" sign.  My Dad was at the hospital with my mom and since I live upstairs I didn't want to be running up and down every time someone was at the door.  I could hear all the chatter and laughter from the the little ones outside which made me smile.  Needless to say at 8:00 when all was quiet I went out to retrieve the bowl and it was completely empty.  

It was a BIG bowl too : ) 




























I hope we have a little bit of fall left to enjoy before the snow comes.  I'm hearing my corner of the world is in for a lot this year.  My mind is already drifting to the holidays now.  Food and shopping and all the things. I'm going to do my best to make it as special as I possibly can.  Because I'm grateful. Family and friends are everything to me.  And that includes all of you.  

Sending you virtual hugs  

Stay cozy my friends! I'll be back soon! 
xoxox 



2 comments:

  1. Hello dear Friend! Prayers sent for your Mom's healing and recovery and for your strength and patience through all of this. I'm so glad you took some time for yourself and noticed this season. Please take care of yourself too! Blessings for better news ahead. 🙏 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear that your mother is having such health challenges! Sending along prayers and hugs for everyone!

    ReplyDelete