Friday, April 26, 2024

Pots de Creme: a quick little sweet treat ♥

Hello Friends!  Happy Friday! 

Despite it still being cold, the sun is shining today and I'm happy about that. 

Today I wanted to quickly share with you a delicious chocolate dessert I made yesterday for the first time.  Lately my sweet tooth has been ravenous!  That's a strong word but trust me, it's fitting!  I seem to need something sweet every night.  Is it my age? I don't know, but I'm craving dessert all the time! 


This past week I started a project of flipping through all my cookbooks and bookmarking recipes I want to make.  I had a busy work week, but made sure to carve out some time to make a dessert because time in the kitchen is my therapy.  I find on very busy days if I do something for myself, even something small like make a quick dessert, it makes the day special and is not all about work or chores or adult stuff.  It's about me. Even better if chocolate is involved.  





This recipe comes from Susan Branch's Sweet's to the Sweet cookbook.  It's the most darling little keepsake dessert book and one of my favorites.  I picked this recipe because it looked easy, had very little ingredients, and looked like the perfect little sweet treat for my family.  
(I was right  )

Here's how to make it:

It will literally take you 5 minutes and is so worth it. Plus it sounds very French : )  

3/4 cup whole milk
6 oz. semi sweet chocolate, chopped fine (I used chocolate chips)
1 lg egg
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tsp vanilla 
pinch of salt 
3 Tbsp rum 
whipped cream

Heat milk slowly, just to boiling point.  Put all other ingredients except rum & whipped cream into a blender.  Slowly add hot milk and blend for 30 seconds. Add rum and continue blending for 1 more minute.  Pour into serving dishes & chill.  

Top with whipped cream (I used Cool Whip) and enjoy! 

Add sprinkles for magic ❇

I served in my mother's beautiful depression glass dessert dishes which made made my heart happy.  

She loved chocolate as much as I do 



YUMMMMM!!!!

I only used 2 Tbls of rum instead of 3 and that was plenty for us.  I image you could just leave it out if you prefer.  In any case,  the chocolate was so creamy and delicious!!!  This made 4 servings which was perfect for us, and quite frankly I'm glad there were no leftovers because I would have eaten it all.  
Susan Branch continues to be my fairy God mother : ) 

*I also made a little video of me making this in my kitchen yesterday which I'm upload soon.  I'll let you know when I do*



I hope you all have a lovely weekend, filled with sunshine, flowers, and sweet treats! 

I won't tell you how I have to go back into battle looking for a car tomorrow because my exhaust was blowing black smoke yesterday....  For now, let's just think about chocolate!

 That's fine with me! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I need to mark this recipe down. #1 I love Susan Branch too! #2 yes to chocolate anything always #3 see continuous loop of 1 & 2. Lol Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your weekend ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. <<<<My wife and I want to show profound gratitude and appreciation, ever since the pandemic things have always been very difficult for me and my family, I lost my job during the Covid19 stay at home pandemic and it was very difficult for me to secure a new job that was how life became terrible for me, But thank God for bringing this man into my life, Mr Bernie Doran. I read so many good reviews online on how he has been helping a lot of people both small business owners to gain financial income so I contacted him on WhatsApp and that was the day my life change began, I started with the lowest investment plan which was $1,500 and within a week I earned a profit of $18,500 on his trade management system, since then I have been making huge profits with the help of MR BERNIE DORAN, Now I can do basically anything I want for myself and my family, I just can't thank you enough sir, may God continue to reward you. I highly recommend to everyone that needs financial aid, contact him on:
    WhatsApp : +1(424) 285-0682
    G-mail : BERNIEDORANSIGNALS@GMAIL.COM<<<<<....

    <<<<<

    <<<<

    ReplyDelete