Saturday, June 7, 2014

Roasted cherry tomato bruschetta ♥



Hello Friends! I hope you are all having a great weekend so far!  Don't you feel like the weeks are just flying by?!  We went summer clothes shopping yesterday so I'm feeling pretty good about diving head first into June! Plus I finally painted my toe nails (a pretty sparkly pink) which means I'm  sandal ready! YAY! Tonight we had hot dogs and ice cream at the beach and ended the evening with a round of mini golf! Yup, things are feeling pretty good around here! ♥

If you follow me on IG/twitter you will know that last week I went on a roasting binge! I was roasting everything in sight, include these yummy cherry tomatoes.  I love bruschetta and it tastes even better when the tomatoes are roasted in the oven.  I saw this version on Rachel Ray's website. I thought it would be a perfect appetizer for a little casual get together we were having that night.  She adds a layer of roasted garlic spread under the tomatoes. What?! I'm in!


 
recipe from www.racheaelray.com
 
extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper
1 large garlic bulb
1 pint of cherry tomatoes
a handful of parsley & basil, chopped
2 baguettes, batards, or other 2-3 inch wide crusty bread, cut into slices and toasted
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
 
Cut off the top of a garlic bulb to expose the cloves. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.  Wrap tightly in foil and roast in the oven for 40-45 minutes. 
 
Arrange the tomatoes on a foil lined baking sheet.  Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.  Roast in the oven 30 minutes. 
 
 

 
Take the garlic out of the foil and let everything cool. 
 



Once the garlic is cool, squeeze all the cloves out of the bulb and into a mixing bowl. (just give the bulb a pinch and they will come right out : )


 
With a fork, gently mash up the garlic.
 
 
 
 
In a separate bowl combine the tomatoes (and all their juices on the baking sheet), parsley, and basil.  Mash them together ♥
 
 
 
 
Toast little slices of bread and brush with olive oil.
 
 
 
 
Now, spread a thin layer of the garlic....  
 


and top with the tomatoes!
 
 


Your only worry is to pleeease make sure that everyone has a least one.  You do NOT want to be the only person at a party who did NOT have the roasted garlic!  ♥ 


 
Open a bottle of wine and you've got a gorgeous appetizer for many....
 
 
 
 Or just one... : )
 
 


This is a left over plate that I had for myself after our party.  I could make a meal out of these tomatoes! In fact, I think I did! ♥

Have a lovely Sunday, Friends! The weather here is so beautiful lately.  I'm hoping to go on a bike ride and plant more flowers in the back yard.  I'm also on a hunt for a succulent plant for my kitchen counter. Let's hope I find one!
 
Bye! xo

1 comment:

  1. Lovely blog entry....great pictures. Your lilacs are BEAUTIFUL! Oh so wish our weather was not so hot down here in Florida! So many flowers we can't grow down here due to the heat! This recipe looks delish! LOVE both tomatoes and garlic. We are heading to the beach this weekend and this will be the perfect appetizer to make up ahead of time. Hope you enjoyed your bike ride and found some lovely flowers....<3

    ReplyDelete