Thursday, October 13, 2016

Currently : October love ♥

chrysanthemums on my front steps make me happy...♥


In Google, the definition of cozy is as follows:  giving a feeling of comfort, warmth, and relaxation.  This is how I view October.  Trying to stay as cozy as possible at all times. And honestly, it isn’t very hard. 
October is my favorite month because after the long, hot, and humid summer, we are rewarded with sunny days, crisp cool nights, and the most beautiful colors you could ever imagine.  It’s truly a gift. 
Spent Sunday morning baking apple pies... ♥


Right now we are I am experiencing that precious time of year where I don’t need my heat OR air conditioning.  We can just be…  I sleep with the windows open so the moon and stars can watch over me.  It’s chilly but I enjoy bundling up with an extra blanket.  It’s worth it.  The fresh air in the house is so glorious after months of air conditioning.  Another few weeks and the heat will be on so I’m enjoying this now while I can. 

October is sleeping weather….

  
Scarf & boot season has arrived! Yaaaay....♥ 


When I woke up this morning (still dark out…) it was so chilly I went into my dresser and pulled out a scarf to put on over my jammies.  Yes…it’s officially scarf season!  Rob was already up, so I could smell the coffee coming from the kitchen.  You know where I went next.   Hot coffee taste extra good on cold mornings, doesn’t it? (that goes for tea too) That first sip warmed my whole body.  Happiness….
   

Pumpkin spice everything...♥ 


The foliage in my neck of the woods hasn’t reached its peak yet, but I can see it coming. I notice the subtle changes in color every day on my drive to work.   It makes the traffic a little more bearable.  My happy place is being home on the weekends, making soup, or pies, or cards for my friends. 

 I wish I had one of those neighborhoods where my girlfriends could drop by anytime for tea, but sadly I don’t.  I would keep a tea set out all the time if that were the case.  We could have pumpkin scones and talk about all the girl things that our husbands don’t care about.  We could do crafts, sew, work on our scrapbooks, and talk about anything other than politics (which I am so sick of I can’t even stand it). 

  
Me, every day...♥


Last night for dinner I made grilled cheese sandwiches.  Another thing that seems to taste better when it’s cold out.  Toasted buttery bread with ooey-gooey, melty cheese inside.  Oh yeessss!  We had canned tomato soup with it (yes, I go there).  I cut my sandwich into strips and dunked away! It was so good!  John isn’t a fan if tomato soup so he had chicken noodle, with his Sammy on the side.  Just as good I suppose.  I had no complaints from anyone in the peanut gallery. 


  
 Gorgeous colors in my parents neighborhood...♥


Halloween is on the brain lately.  The last I heard John was planning on being a banana.  We saw the cutest costume at Target. Last year he was hot dog so I guess we are sticking to a food theme.  I would like the get the costume soon because they go fast.  Walmart and Khols already have Christmas trees (and music!) set up.  And while I love the holidays, I want to enjoy the fall for a little bit longer.  Last Friday I resisted the urge to go into the seasonal isle (i.e. Christmas explosion) at Khols even though I was so tempted. It was calling me…. but I kept on walking. I have, however started my Christmas list and marked a few dates on the calendar for holiday shopping. 



 
Butternut squash soup...♥


And speaking of lists…. little by little I’m crossing things off my bucket list.  As I’m typing this I am drinking a Dunkin Donuts pumpkin spice latte.  It’s so good and never gets old.  Never.
This weekend I doing a closet purge.  It’s time to fill some donation bags with last year’s clothes that don’t fit us anymore and make room for some new things. After all that work, I’ll surly have a nap and hopefully watch something spooky on TV. 

I have such a craving for hot cider so off to the store I go to get some for the weekend. I heat it up with cinnamon and a splash of orange juice.  It’s such a treat.  The smell alone will make you happy. Maybe I'll make you a little video and show you how I do it ♥  



Take a walk with me...♥


I hope your October days are filled with comfort, warmth, and relaxation. 

Wrap up in a cozy cardigan and enjoy your weekend.

You deserve it! ♥♥


Flowers from a far away friend made me feel happy and blessed....♥


Happy Friday! I'll be back soon! xoxoxo



Boooooo....... :) 


4 comments:

  1. If I could magically transport myself to your cozy house, I would!
    We could bake apple pies and watch spooky movies.
    We could drink pumpkin spice lattes and chat about how cozy October is.
    But I guess I'll have to settle for visiting you here, and that is super good too!!!
    Happy Weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. October is truly enchanting. Everything about it is just so cozy. It looks like you're reveling in all the delights this month has to offer. Good for you! Just yesterday, I made a roasted butternut squash soup. I added coconut cream, curry and turmeric spices to it. It was the perfect lunch for a rainy Sunday. Happy new week! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Danielle, I so wish I lived by you so we could get together for "Tea and Talk". That would be so much fun, especially since we have so much in common to talk about. Have a beautiful week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Danielle, I so wish I lived by you so we could get together for "Tea and Talk". That would be so much fun, especially since we have so much in common to talk about. Have a beautiful week my friend!

    ReplyDelete