Monday, December 19, 2016

One week to go...♥



It's the week before Christmas and I don't know about you, but I'm getting excited.  Are you ready? I still have a few finishing touches to get done this week, but overall I'm feeling pretty good. 
This week I still have to squeeze in a haircut and one more trip to the mall.  I think I can do it ♥

In between wrapping and baking, here's a few snaps of what's been going on around here the past week.... 




We had a snow day on Saturday and some of us really enjoyed it!




He's been waiting all summer for this!




While the boys were outside in the snow I was cozy warm inside making French toast and hot chocolate.  Snow days call for comfort food!




Snow day essential!




By Sunday the rain had washed it all away, but we enjoyed the view while it lasted.  I played Johnny Mathis Christmas music all morning in the kitchen and it felt like a winter wonderland : )




This weekend I made a batch of these easy stuffed mushrooms.  If you ever need an idea for a quick appetizer here's my secret.  I sautéed the mushroom caps in oil, butter, and garlic.  And then I topped them with Stove Top stuffing (yup, that's right!) If you want to dress them up a bit you can sprinkle them with shredded mozzarella cheese and heat them in the oven.

Bon appetite!



And speaking of little bites...

I had my work Christmas party on Tuesday night and I totally indulged on appetizers! I think I could live on appetizer food alone if I had to.  So good!




I spent a few quite moments at my parent's house....




Before helping decorate their tree. 

In 42 years I've never missed decorating this tree.  It's my favorite tradition!




Last weekend was absolutely freezing, but the cold weather didn't deter us from our annual Christmas visit to Edaville Railroad to see Thomas the Tank Engine and the all the Christmas lights!




Bundled up like an Eskimo and didn't mind one bit!
You should have seen what I looked like! LOL




So pretty at night.




Magical!




John and Gordon....
Some things he'll never outgrow ♥




Back home for tea and cranberry cake.  All the goodness of the holidays. 




From my home to yours, I hope you are enjoying these last days of holiday preparations.  Remember to take a moment for yourself and breathe.

Next week, when it's all said and done, we can sleeeeeeep! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment