Thursday, July 26, 2018

Merry Christmas in July

Hello Friends! 

My life is all about traditions, and this one my dear friends, is one of my favorites! 

So on Monday, one of the hottest days of the summer, we celebrated Christmas in July : ) 

I wore my reindeer slippers just for the occasion! 




On Sunday night I went up to the attic and pulled down John's little 4 ft. Christmas tree along with some of his favorite ornaments.  

We spent Monday morning decorating the tree while listening to our favorite Christmas CD's.  




Some of our favorite snow people decided to join us too! 





I swapped out my summer candles for Christmas ones.  The scent of Hollyberry filled the living room as we watched Christmas movies and sipped our frozen hot chocolates. 





We also exchanged a few small gifts.  




Just like Christmas morning....only without the eggnog.  




John loved his Incredibles POP figure! 




Later, we made cookies.  Sugar for us and oatmeal chocolate chip for Daddy.  







Cookie decorating was the highlight of our day!

I don't even want to tell you how many we ate....eek!  






Later that evening we had dinner with my parents.  It was turkey dinner! 

So appropriate for the occasion ~

The smells of turkey and stuffing are holiday smells! Am I right? 





We had a really fun time celebrating Christmas in July. It took very little money and effort to create a magical day.  

John gets such a kick out of it and I hope that he will remember it always and maybe pass it on to his kids someday. 

Isn't that what traditions are, after all? 

Last night I packed up the tree and put all traces of Christmas away and just like that we are back to the dog days of summer.  

As I was boxing up the ornaments Rob reminded me that the real Christmas will be here before we know it.  He's right....and I can't wait! 

xoxox


3 comments:

  1. That candle!!
    Those ornaments...Everything looks so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man!!!
    Turkey dinner!!!
    Yummmmm!
    We burned that candle too!
    We made cookies too!
    Love this. You are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your posts and everything looks wonderful. I love your idea thanks for sharing.
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete