Sunday, September 20, 2020

Happy Sunday! ♥


 

Hello Friends! As I type this post it's Sunday morning....my favorite day of the week.  I love Sundays because usually it's my day to stay home all day and putter.  I do my housework and cooking for the week.  I always make a batch of cookies for John and Rob's lunch and a homemade pizza that we snack on all week as well.  This morning it was CHILLY. I believe it was in the 40's! Mr. Weatherman says it will warm up a bit this week but I think FALL weather is here to stay.  YAY! 

Here's a peek at what I've been up to this weekend. 


Planning.... 

I love my slow cooker (or as I say "crock pot").  

I'm looking for more recipes to try! : ) 




Wearing...

With the cool temps I was able to bring out my cozy wear!  

Soooo happy it's sweater weather! 





Drinking...

I love my pumpkin spice and I'm not afraid to say it!





Reading...

This.  Because I get so much inspiration from it.  I'm determined to make every recipe in this book.





Eating...

Comfort food 



Doing...

Still decorating and finding spots for little pumpkins here and there.  Is it too early to bring out the Halloween decor?? 



Not for me!  

The Great Pumpkin is my favorite! 




Watching...

Yes, I'm still working my way through Downton Abbey.  I've been rewatching the series again sloooowly because I don't want it to end.  The problem I have with binging is it's over too soon.  Yup. I'm taking my time with this one. 

But more importantly I'm watching this...




I'm patiently waiting for the leaves to change.  Soon all this green will be a beautiful rainbow of yellow & red & orange.  I see little hints here and there to remind me it's coming.  I'm glad it's a slow progression.  That's the beauty of September. 



And with that I'll leave you with this quote I found online yesterday that spoke to my heart.  

The sweet simple things in life are the best things 

Have a wonderful day friends! I'm off to putter and bake something because I just want to put the oven on to warm the kitchen.  

Happy Sunday! xo 

1 comment: