Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Mother's Day Weekend ♥


 

Hello Friends! I hope you all had a nice Mother's Day weekend! 

Mine was lovely and went by in a blink.  Friday night we celebrated with my parents.  I made dinner and they got dessert.  The Italian pastry assortment that was placed in front of me was much better than the pasta dinner I prepared : )  I wish I photographed it but we all dived into it too fast! 

My mom gave me this beautiful plant.  She knows the things I love...pretty flowers and teapots! A little birdie must have told her I was wanting more plants 

Saturday I got my hair done (much needed!) and then Rob treated John and I to a take out dinner from my favorite place down the street.  They have the BEST eggplant parmesan sub which I had been craving all week.  Rob told me I could pick anyplace I wanted to have dinner Saturday night.  I chose subs from the corner sub shop.  I like what I like.  My sandwich was A+! 

Sunday morning I woke up to a large Dunkin Donuts coffee on the kitchen table with my name on it, flowers, and a homemade card from John that made me cry from laughter. I have it on my nightstand so I can start everyday with a smile 

And then we were off to my sister in laws for a spectacular brunch!!  




Her table was so pretty! 




And the food.....OMG




I can't even with these little pancakes! : ) 




I brought the blueberry sweet rolls you see in the top left corner.  They are from Joanna Gains' Magnolia Table Vol2 cookbook. It's the second time I've made them. Easy and so good! 

Breakfast is my favorite meal and this one was a real treat! 




We got home around 4:00 and all three of us took a nap!  No joke.  

My Mother's day weekend extravaganza revolved around food and family.  It was a great weekend which made Monday morning very difficult.  Today is Tuesday and I'm still not fully recovered from my food hangover : ) 




But on with the week we go!  

My home is filled with the scent of roses and rays of sunshine through the windows.  

Not everyday is good, but I look for something good in everyday.  

Thankfully I don't have to look too hard.  I wish the same for you too! 

Have a wonderful day friends!  Xx  

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful weekend celebrating a beautiful Mother! Everything looks wonderful! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazing spread... and so elegant!

    ReplyDelete