Monday, March 25, 2024

It's Easter week! ♥



Hello Lovely Friends 

  Easter week is upon us.  It sure did sneak up on us, didn't it?! We have dipped into a cold spell here.  The wind is howling and I'm quite content staying inside today (happily working remotely:).  The other night it was so chilly I made a big pot of chicken soup to warm our bones.  I had some for lunch today and it hit the spot. Especially on a Monday : ) 







But while it remains gloomy outside, inside we are ready for the joy of Easter.  I was looking at all my little quirky decorations this morning and I can't help but smile : ) 





Easter has always been a big celebration in my family.  This year of course it will be different, but it will still be nice to see family.  Some of us haven't seen each other since Christmas.  I know my mom will love that we are all getting together.  




Easter greeting from friends are a blessing! : ) 



So are cute bunnies with cotton tails 




This little guy lost his ear! I'll make sure it's back in place by Easter! 




** Did you know I love postcards.  Especially vintage ones **
(thank you Marcia!) 




My little Easter village I've had for so many years.  I used to find John's action figures hiding among the bunnies back in the day.   I miss those days 





This week I have eggs to fill because we are having an egg hunt on Sunday. I have to make the hiding spots extra hard because the adults think they are soooo smart.  We'll see....lol 






Yesterday, after polishing off another bowl of these jelly beans & Cadbury mini eggs (make it stop!), I finalized my brunch menu for Sunday.  I'm most looking forward to Saturday because I'm going spend the day making my mom's dessert recipes. I'll put on my prettiest apron, some nice music, and pull out her recipe box. The same recipe box I remember from my childhood.  It's hand painted by her and is where all our kitchen memories live.  

Here are the desserts I picked out: 


I wish I could share with all of you!  






And now it's time to have a cup of tea before dinner.  Last week I dusted off this pretty tea pot for one.  I forgot how much I love it and it proves that tea really does taste better in a pretty cup.  It makes it moment.  And don't we all need a moment.  I know I do! (and more than just one  )





I'm going to have a hot cuppa and a slice of cranberry bread I made this weekend. There is one slice left and it's got my name on it.  





Tonight's dinner is pork roast (which I have to get in the over!) stuffing, and apple sauce.  While it cooks I'm going to drink my tea and play around with this puzzle I've been working on.  3 weeks and counting! Ok, so I'm not going to win any speed records, but I am enjoying it.  And I will finish....someday! Certainly not by Easter! Christmas maybe! 





Happy Monday friends! I hope you are all having lovely day.  

Thanks for checking in with me today! 

Byeeee!!!  xo 

4 comments:

  1. Hi. Your home looks so pretty and festive for the holiday. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter. I know it will be different for both of this year. I'll be thinking of you. I plan to wear my mom's apron as I make a batch of mini egg chocolate brownies tomorrow. I'll be thinking of her as she loved Easter and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. <<<<>>>>>
    >>>><<<>>><<<<<>>>><<<<<
    >>>><<<<<<<>>>><<<<
    >>>><<<<>>><<<><<><

    ReplyDelete
  3. <<<<<My wife and I want to show profound gratitude and appreciation, ever since the pandemic things have always been very difficult for me and my family, I lost my job during the Covid19 stay at home pandemic and it was very difficult for me to secure a new job that was how life became terrible for me, But thank God for bringing this man into my life, Mr Bernie Doran. I read so many good reviews online on how he has been helping a lot of people both small business owners to gain financial income so I contacted him on WhatsApp and that was the day my life change began, I started with the lowest investment plan which was $1,500 and within a week I earned a profit of $18,500 on his trade management system, since then I have been making huge profits with the help of MR BERNIE DORAN, Now I can do basically anything I want for myself and my family, I just can't thank you enough sir, may God continue to reward you. I highly recommend to everyone that needs financial aid, contact him on:
    WhatsApp : +1(424) 285-0682
    G-mail : BERNIEDORANSIGNALS@GMAIL.COM

    ReplyDelete