Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Wednesday Ramblings: Living with hope ♥



Hello Friends.  The sun is shining today and that's a reason to celebrate.  So far March has been very gloomy, rainy, and cold. It feels a bit warmer today. We are getting there, inch by inch! As you can see I made the mistake of bringing Easter candy into the house. Jelly beans and Cadbury mini eggs. 
I must be insane : ) 

I don't know about you, but I'm still trying to adjust to daylight savings.  Sunday I just couldn't get it together, and I'm sure it was from lack of sleep and stress for a hundred things that went wrong last week.  I had car trouble, we had a dryer malfunction, my Dad wasn't feeling well (thankfully he's better), and all that combined with a bad haircut I'm trying to work through....anyone would be cranky, right?! 

But then Monday came I tried to turn it all around.  I dug deep in the basement and brought up all my mother's spring and Easter decorations.  I ran around the house for an hour while my Dad was at a doctors appointment and set out all her pretty things.  It made me sad...yes, but happy too.  My mom loved decorating for the season and spring was one of her favorites. I felt she would be so happy to have all her things out and on display.  I did this at Christmas time and was so sad.  This was a different kind of sad.  I felt her close to me and that made my heart full 

I'm hosting Easter this year (in two weeks!! ) and instead of dreading it (like Christmas), I'm looking forward to it. The only thing my parents wished for is to have all their family together, and it's happening.  I'm working through the pain by planning a nice brunch menu, putting on my mom's apron, and getting to work.  I took a lot of shortcuts this past Thanksgiving and Christmas (I have NO REGRETS) but for Easter I'm going to try to cook everything myself because that's what I love.  And it keeps me busy!  There will be about 20 of us so I thought a brunch buffet might be a little easier than a sit down dinner. So let's see....eggs, maple bacon, home fries, baked French toast with fruit, blueberry muffins. How does that sound?  For the "brunch" part of it I thought I'd try the ham and cheese sliders on Hawaiian rolls that are all over the internet.  You brush the tops with butter and put them in the oven so the cheese gets all melty. Have you tried them? I'll bring out my mom's pretty dishes and we'll have coffee and tea and I know she'll be there with us.  I really believe that 

These are the things I think about during the day to keep my mind occupied. I had to go into work for a little while this morning.  One of the BEST parts of going in the office (and I'm not even kidding) is the selection of coffees we have in our kitchen for the Keurig machine. Bear with me.... Today I saw they had pumpkin spice.  It's my favorite and I know it was sign to CHEER UP Danielle!  I made a big cup of it and brought it to my desk.  The taste reminds me of my friend BJ, who is the only other person I know who drinks PS year round like I do.  I remembered sitting on her deck last summer, overlooking the lake, sipping coffee, and talking about everything and nothing, and I was so happy. It's funny how ordinary things like that become core memories that bring you comfort.  You don't realize it when it's happening. But it happens.  And I'm thankful for that 





I am trying to live every day with HOPE.  Some days it's a battle, but I'm learning.  Learning not to be fearful. There is always something to be grateful for.  

Always 

Have a wonderful day friends!  And if you have any brunch ideas or tips please send them my way.

Love you! Byeeee! Xx

3 comments:

  1. I just want to give you the biggest hugs when I read your posts Danielle. I know just what you mean about the happy and sad. I put out things of my former MIL and my Gram I was so close to, and still miss them, but love putting them out. I know my day will come when my Mom will go to the heavenly Father she loves - and I will feel those bittersweet feelings even stronger. But picking yourself up and doing things that bring you joy. Living in the gratitude. I think those are the best ways to trudge through grief and you're doing it beautifully.
    Brunch tips: cook your bacon in the oven on foil. And I have a ham and cheese brunch slider if you go to my recipes tab and scroll almost all the way to the bottom. Kind of like what you're talking about. Also, I love doing a fresh fruit salad. Just cut up your favorite fresh fruits (apples, pear, berries etc) and toss in a little dressing from fresh squeezed lime or orange, honey and vanilla - you can find something like that on a google search easily. And biggest tip is if you're not feeling it fully - take some shortcuts yet too. Do what brings you joy! Love to you. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle :) That feeling of hope you have for Easter, vs. the one you had at Christmas, that's the grace of God, healing your heart. Grief is something that time does heal and then we are left with all the sweet memories.
    Your brunch sounds delicious. I have done the ham and cheese sliders several times and I melt butter, mix in some garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce (just a tablespoon) and then pour that over the sandwiches. They are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ➾🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇱🇷🇺🇸➾Investment is one of the best ways to achieve financial freedom. For a beginner there are so many challenges you face. It's hard to know how to get started. Trading on the Cryptocurrency market has really been a life changer for me. I almost gave up on crypto at some point not until saw a recommendation on Elon musk successfully success story and I got a proficient trader/broker Mr Bernie Doran , he gave me all the information required to succeed in trading. I made more profit than I could ever imagine. I'm not here to converse much but to share my testimony; I have made total returns of $20,500.00 from an investment of just $2000.00 within 1 week. Thanks to Mr Bernie I'm really grateful,I have been able to make a great returns trading with his signals and strategies .I urge anyone interested in INVESTMENT to take bold step in investing in the Cryptocurrency Market, he can also help you RECOVER your lost Cryptocurrencies. you can reach him on WhatsApp : +1(424) 285-0682 or his Gmail : BERNIEDORANSIGNALS@GMAIL.COM
    , bitcoin is taking over the world, tell him I referred you➾🌕🌖🌕🌔➾
    ➾🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇱🇷🇺🇸🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇱🇷➾

    ReplyDelete