Good morning lovely friends. I'm back! ♥
I didn't expect to be away from here for so long. To be honest, I found myself in a bit of a summer slump I guess you could say, just waiting to turn the page to September and now here we are! We have arrived! It's still warm during the days but the early mornings and evenings are chilly and that air is bringing me back to life.
Our windows are cracked open and the AC has been off for days. It's the best feeling to have lived through the dog days of summer and then to feel that cool air on your face first thing in the morning.
Yes please. I've been waiting for months ♥
Pumpkin spice coffee is on repeat over here (for me anyway!) and this past weekend I started decorating for fall.
I had ordered a new garden flag because my old one was all faded. She made her debut on Sunday.
Now all I need are some pumpkins to go underneath ♥
Coming soon! : )
Little touches here and there remind me that summer is over.
I've actually started thinking about Thanksgiving. Is that crazy?!
Yes, probably ♥
And YES I'm aware it's not officially fall yet, but once Labor Day comes and goes it's fall in my book. We celebrated Labor Day at a cookout at my brother in laws.
I had my last official summer hot dog with pasta salad and now it's time to bring out the crock pot!
I think I need a mum for this corner - right where that basket is. I saw some the other day at the grocery store. Another sign summer is over.
The mums are out! ♥
YAY! These always remind me of my mom. She loved them. She also loved fall as much as I do and I'm sure that's where my love for it comes from.
Thank you mom ♥
I miss her so much.
Away went the sea glass and summer candles - all packed up cozy until next year. Out came all things orange, yellow, and brown, apple candles, and of course Charlie Brown because everybody knows he owns the fall (and a little of Christmas too : ).
On to downstairs where I scattered a few things about, pumpkins and such.
I still need to do more puttering down here, but I'm off to a good start ♥
You know I live here....lol
What I love most about our kitchen and back-room downstairs is the backdrop.
There are several windows and once the leaves start turning, we are all aglow with color radiating from the outside in.
My mother always had lace curtains on these windows but after our painting project this past spring I opted to not put them back on. I like the light that comes in. And I like that I can see out to all the trees and the river.
Also - sidenote, this lamp is one of my favorite things in life ♥
Naturally, it's way too soon to start seeing any foliage back here yet but my autumn loving heart knows it's coming.
I'll be watching! ♥
I can tell by the sun shadows that there's a shift.
I like having my coffee out here in the wee hours of the morning. I'll do it until it gets too cold, and even then I go out for a few sips or as long as I can stand it. Just me and whatever wildlife decided to visit that day.
It's the most peaceful part of my day ♥
And there you have it friends. I've declared it. It's happening. Is it going to be 80 degrees today?
Yes it is. Do I care? No I do not. And that's that.
Happy Fall! ♥
So how are you all feeling? Are you ready to say goodbye to summer? One thing I haven't done is bring Halloween candy into the house yet, even though it's readily available in EVERY store I enter. I've resisted because let's not get toooo crazy (who? me? never!). We'll see how long I last :)
Well, I'm off to make another pot of coffee and get to work for the day. We are all well over here and things are happening. John is back to school - I'll talk about that in my next post. I hope to be here a lot more often now that I've got my "mo-jo" back!
Have a wonderful day friends! ♥
Talk soon! xx















No comments:
Post a Comment