Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year & a January Photo Challenge ♥


Happy New Year Friends!
I can hardly believe it's 2016!

How did you celebrate? I'm sure you all were doing something fabulous.  I was too.  I was fabulously in my pj's by 7 and on my couch all snuggled in for the night by 8.  We had pancakes for dinner, played a few games while we sipped our tea, and for the first time ever - John stayed awake to see the ball drop! He was so proud of himself.  In my world, that's pretty fabulous ♥

Once in my lifetime I would like to be in New York City on New Years Eve.  I would like to see the ball drop, hear the cheers, and try to catch flying confetti in the sky. Tonight the sweet sound of Frank Sinatra's New York New York played in the background as over 1 million people celebrated at the stroke of midnight.  That sounds pretty fabulous too ♥



Truth be told, I've never really been much of a New Year's eve person.  I love the idea of starting a new year with a clean slate. A new beginning with goals.  I spend the week between Christmas and New Years thinking about all the things I want to start, end, or change come January 1st.  The problem is that by the time its New Year's eve I'm too dang tired to do anything....hence the pj's by 7.  December is so busy that by the time the 31st rolls around we are more than happy to stay cozy at home and watch movies. 

So that's what we did ♥

And speaking of new beginnings, I decided to try a January photo challenge.  I found this one on Pinterest that looks really fun. 

Polka Dot Cottage photo prompts for January 2014. Theme: Winter! Hashtag #pdcwinter:


I'm going to post my pictures on Instagram & Twitter everyday as well as here on the blog.  If you would like to play along just use the hashtag #pdcwinter

The challenge comes from the blog Polka Dot Cottage. Lisa posted it last year for 2015, but I decided to follow this one because I love the choices.  ♥

So day 1 (that's today : ) is New Beginnings.  I wanted to post a picture of The Desiderata poem because to me  nothing says New Beginnings like this. I can't think of a better mantra to start January with...




Be cheerful.  Strive to be happy ♥

I hope your 2016 is off to a fabulous start!

See you on day 2 ~



(from Susan Branch's Book of Days on my kitchen counter : )

5 comments:

  1. Lovely post! NYE in NYC, is really quite fun! Brian and I went back in 89'....we actually stayed in White Plains and took the train into the city! The hustle and bustle and all the excitement! I know, Brian was relieved when we got back to the hotel! I hope you get a chance to go someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely on my bucket list! I must do it at least once! ♥

      Delete
  2. Love this post Danielle :0). Sweet hubs and are not really New Years Eve people either! We were in our pjs and watching a movie at 9 pm! I hope your new year is filled with love of family and adventure a plenty ! Happy New Year to you :0D ~ Marge ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post Danielle, love the video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you need free Instagram Likes?
    Did you know you can get them ON AUTO-PILOT & TOTALLY FREE by registering on Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete