Wednesday, July 27, 2016

A quick summer salad...Italian style ♥

Hello friends! ♥
 
Our Christmas celebration was so fun and we wished it could have lasted longer. 
But alas, it's back to reality and the 100 degree dog days of summertime! The days where my makeup literally melts off my face as soon as I step outside the house. 
 
I guess you could say I'm more of an indoor girl on these kinds of days. When I was a kid I remember on really, really hot summer days when my friends were off at the beach or an amusement park I would rather have stayed at home in my air conditioned family room watching The Price is Right and reading books.  But that's just me.   
 
In my defense, summer vacations were the only time I was able to watch The Price is Right, so you can't blame me.... : )
 
I haven't changed very much, have I?  ♥
 
 
 
 
Anyway.... today I wanted to share with you a very simple salad that I always make in the summer.  It's pretty much a staple around here. 
 
 
 
 
I was first introduced to this salad by my husband's Italian family.  I remember first eating it at his grandmother's house one hot summer afternoon.
 
I think it may have been the first time I ever had arugula.
 
I've been in love with it ever since! I put it on everything from pizza to eggs. 
 
Not kidding...it's that good!
 
 
 
 
This is not your average green.  It has a peppery taste - almost spicy. 
 
It's really delicious. 
 
 
 
 
For this salad, all you do is take some arugula, and toss it with red grapes. 
 
Drizzle on a little olive oil and a dash of salt.
 
 
 
 
 The cool sweetness of the grapes is the perfect company for the spicy arugula. 
 
 


 I love this salad with a nice summer meal.

 Last night we had balsamic chicken and corn on the cob.  Yummy!!!
 
There was also peach cobbler for dessert, but I'll save that for next time ♥
 
 
 
 
Wherever you are I hope you are staying cool and enjoying these dog days of summer!
 
Get outside and do something fun!
 
Don't be like me : )
 
xoxoxo
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Ok. Are you certain we weren't separated at birth?
    Because I was inside reading and watching The Price is Right!!!!!
    Remember Janice, Diane, and Holly... The models?
    Anyway...I am all about this salad!
    Thank you for sharing...
    Your meal looks delicious...
    And Steve's favorite summer dessert is peach cobbler!
    I'll be waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barkers Beauties! That show was always one of my favorites because it was an hour long! So fun! I hope you are staying cool in your corner of the world! Have a wonderful day, my friend! Peach cobbler is coming soon!! ♥♥ #seperatedatbirth : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love arugula! I like it in salad and on pizza, too! I've never tried tossing the arugula with grapes, but I must give it a try. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete