Monday, July 25, 2016

Christmas in July ♥

Well, our first annual Christmas in July was a hit!  

John woke up this morning to some familiar faces...



 And a few small presents.




 I lit my Christmas cookie candle, put some music on and viola....it was Christmas!




What better reason to have cinnamon rolls for breakfast!




I must note that this was probably one of the hottest days of the summer.  It's well into the 90's out there.  But not in here.... : )




After breakfast we put our favorite Christmas movies on and made cookies.




Decorating is the best part!


Honestly, this didn't take much effort to put together, and we had the best time.  What a kick he got out of Christmas cookies in July!




He begged me to make it a tradition!

Done ♥

We are spending the rest of day sipping frozen hot chocolates, staying cool, and watching movies.

I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas in July!




Now I have to admit, as much as I love the summer I am yearning for fall and holiday times.  I was very temped to bring out my pumpkin spice candles but I didn't.

I'll give it a few more weeks! ♥♥♥



December, 2015

7 comments:

  1. Perfect day! I can't wait for ours! I have the dvr loaded up with Hallmark Christmas movies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a fun tradition! Enjoy your holiday tomorrow!! xo

      Delete
  2. Love.Love.Love!!!!!!
    So happy you enjoyed it!!!
    My kids kept saying they wished it were Christmas!!!
    And I'm right there with you...waiting for that Pumpkins Spice Candle!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were saying the same thing! Wishing it was really the holiday season! John kept asking me if we could put up the tree! We will be there soon enough. And now....on to Fall!!! Thank you for introducing me to this tradition! It was so much fun!

      Delete
  3. Hi!
    Just found your blog and it looks like you had a fun day celebrating Christmas :-)
    That's my favorite holiday, but fall is my favorite time of the year :-) Have a wonderful evening!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jill! I'm so happy you have found me! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. We did have a lot of fun on Monday. I think it's our way of beating the summer heat...pretend its December! Even for just one day! I'm with you about Fall. I can't wait for October! Thanks again! And I'm on my way over to your blog now! So glad we have met! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never celebrated Christmas in July! How fun for John to experience this with you. I'm sure he'll always remember that special day. Such beautiful memories you've made for him! xoxo

    ReplyDelete