Friday, July 29, 2016


Have we really come to another Friday? Hard to believe this is the last week of July.  Where has the month gone?  Next week is the beginning of August and as I mentioned a few days ago, I’m resisting the urge to pull out my pumpkin spice candles and pumpkin decorations.  By August I start getting antsy for Fall, but my family doesn’t want to hear about it. There’s still a whole lotta summer left, so let’s enjoy it! ♥

While some of you are still living your summer dreams I thought I would show you a few pictures of life around here this past week and also share a YUMMY recipe for Peach Cobbler!

This is one of our favorite desserts.  Also perfectly accepted for breakfast! I speak from experience. 




On Sunday I quietly celebrated my birthday.  Hello 42! Let’s make it a good year, pleeeease! 




My parent’s made me my favorite meal – Turkey dinner with all the fixing! It’s like 

Thanksgiving in the middle of July! 




I took John in for his annual physical.  He’s grown to 4’8 ½ inches!  He’s also styling his own hair these days.  He uses more gel than I do! This make me wonder what the teenage years are going to be like.




We enjoyed some delicious summer meals with arugula and grape salad…




And corn! One of the only veggies that John likes so I make it like crazy in the summer! 




I got one of my Dad’s special homemade lunches! This was the day after my birthday so you can bet there was a turkey gobbler sandwich in there ♥ 




Yesterday the three of us took a little day trip to Cape Cod.  I sat in on a talk celebrating Beatrix Potter’s 150th birthday! Guest speaker was my favorite….Susan Branch! 




Snapped this at a rest stop : ) 




My favorite time of day….twilight time.




Peaches, peaches, peaches!!!! 

Here’s a quick recipe for peach cobbler that you will love! 

All you need is: 

6-8 ripe peaches
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

1 1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 cup sugar
cinnamon




For the filling, cut the peaches in half and remove the stones.  Slice the peach halves thinly and put into a bowl.  I leave the skins on.

Add 1/3 cup of sugar and 1 tsp vanilla to the peaches.  Mix and set aside while you make the batter.





In a separate bowl combine the milk, flour, baking powder, and sugar.  Melt the butter and add to the mixture.
Mix with an electric mixer or wire whisk.  Make sure there are no lumps.  The batter will be a thin consistency.




Grease or spray an oven proof baking dish.  I always use this 8x8 Pyrex.  Pour a little bit of the batter in the bottom of the baking dish - just to coat.  Then add the peaches.  

Sprinkle with a little cinnamon (or a lot of cinnamon  : )




Cover the peaches with the rest of the batter.  Some of the peaches will poke through the top. 





Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.




And that’s all there is to it! 

Enjoy! ♥ 




Have a happy weekend my friends! 

 Xoxo 



9 comments:

  1. You leave the skin on the peaches. And I love you even more!!!! Thanks for the recipe. And Steve thanks you too!
    Your trip sounds wonderful.
    And 42? You young thing!
    Happy Birthday again, my friend!
    Yes. Lets hold off on the pumpkin spice candles. But come September 1st...Look Out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Danielle! I love that your parents cook a Thanksgiving meal for your birthday every year. And the lunch your dad packed for you! Isn't he just the sweetest? You are one lucky lady! So glad you had a nice birthday celebration. Love that you went to Cape Cod for the day to hear Susan Branch talk about Beatrix Potter. I wish I could have been there, too! Hope you and your family had a lovely weekend. Happy August! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Danielle! I love that your parents cook a Thanksgiving meal for your birthday every year. And the lunch your dad packed for you! Isn't he just the sweetest? You are one lucky lady! So glad you had a nice birthday celebration. Love that you went to Cape Cod for the day to hear Susan Branch talk about Beatrix Potter. I wish I could have been there, too! Hope you and your family had a lovely weekend. Happy August! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear friend! I was thinking of you the day we went to the cape because we drove through Falmouth. I hope you'll come back and visit sometime! Have a great day! xo

      Delete
  4. Happy Belated birthday! I am so Waiting for fall also. and am exactly the same as you in that once Aug 1 hits all I can think about is FALL!!!!! I am trying (like I do every year)to not start decorating. I did purchase one just one fall scentsy melt, I am also pinning away on my fall board. You are so lucky that you get Turkey for your birthday, I try but my birthday is at the end of Oct. I LOVE how your dad made you lunch and his little drawing - so very sweet. I bet you felt very special! you're peach cobbler looks amazing. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Row! I hope you are having a great summer so far too! Fall will be here soooon! I'm trying so hard not to bring out my candles. I can't wait much longer! It's almost PSL season! Yay! Have a great day!!! xo

      Delete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday Danielle! That cobbler looks delicious and I am anxious to try it. You are so lucky to see Susan Branch twice this Summer!!! Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carla! I hope you are having a wonderful summer!! ♥

      Delete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday Danielle! That cobbler looks delicious and I am anxious to try it. You are so lucky to see Susan Branch twice this Summer!!! Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete