Thursday, February 9, 2017

Little touches of February ♥

Hello Friends!
 
As I type this post we are in the middle of a snow storm!!  It's been coming down since about 9 this morning and not expected to stop any time soon.  The wind and snow are raging out there, but inside the heat is up and we just had hot chocolate.  John is watching Cars and last time I checked, Rob was taking a nap....zzzzzz  Yup, it's a snow day, alright!


 
 
On Monday I did my weekly cleaning and I put out a few Valentine decorations.  I love decorating for Valentines Day.  This time of the year can be a bit dreary and the little pops of red and pink really cheer things up!
 
 
 
 
Not to say that I'm completely over Christmas....because I'm not.  I kept these lights up in the kitchen.  They are so cozy in the darkness of the early mornings.  I just don't have the heart to take them down yet. 
 
 
 
 
And speaking of hearts (see what I did there?...) I have them all over the place....♥♥♥
 
 
 
 
My Valentine tree I got at Khols.  Love it so much!
 
 
 
 
And I treated myself to a pretty plant to cheer the place up.  It has me wishing for Spring!
 
 
 
 
I cut a few hearts out of some old scrapbook paper and scattered them around the house for decorations.
 
 
 
 
I got a few eye rolls for doing so, but I don't care.  That's the abuse you take when you live with all boys! ♥♥♥
 
 
 
 
Two years ago for my birthday my mom made me this beautiful crazy quilt!  It's framed and hanging in my living room.  The theme is Paris in the Spring. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It's all about love and hearts and I think it's perfect for Valentine's day! If you look closely you can see my name.... ♥
 
 
 
 
 
It goes perfectly with these cute vintage valentines I got at Michaels. 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
And what's Valentines Day without some chocolate in the house....so...brownies!
 

 
 
Which naturally transform into brownie sundaes! Soooo good!
 
 
 
 
Well, sounds like the movie is over and John has talked Rob into going outside to play in the snow.  Its about 21 degrees out there with high winds, but John has been asking ALL day!  I don't expect them to be out there too long! : )
 
 
 
 
Window view from beside my computer...
 
 
 
 
Time to fire up the kettle again. These guys are gonna need some TLC when they come in~
 
 
 
 
Before I go I wanted to share a quick tip with you.  I posted this picture of crispy chicken fingers last week and one of my instagram friends ♥ asked me the secret of keeping the breading on during frying.  Well, all I do is dip the tenders in milk and then drudge them in crushed corn flakes (as fine as you can get them - I use a rolling pin).  I fry them in canola oil and butter - a few minutes on each side until they are cooked through and golden brown on the outside. Then sprinkle them with garlic powder and dried parsley.  When flipping them, go very eaaasy and you shouldn't have a problem. They turn out crispy on the outside and moist and delicious on the inside!
 
Easy Peasy!
 
 

Enjoy!
 

Happy February! ♥ xo

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking about you today!!!
    I knew you would be warm and cozy inside. : )
    Your Valentine decorations look beautiful, and those brownies?!?!?!
    Perfect.
    Stay warm and safe, my friend.
    Hugs from snowy PA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Peyton's trick of putting an extra egg in the batter to make them more fluffy! Wish I could share with you! Stay warm and cozy this weekend. We'll talk soon! xo

    ReplyDelete