Monday, February 8, 2021

Pizza Dough ♥

 Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! 

I'm not gonna lie...I'm slow moving this morning.  I was up late watching the Super bowl and eating way to many salty foods, which I knew I would pay for today.  I'm not big on football but I do enjoy the commercials.  Also my husbands commentary keeps me entertained : ) 

Anyhoo....today I thought I would share a quick recipe for pizza dough.  For years I was intimated by making my own pizza dough because I thought it was long process.  I used store bought dough for a long time (which I still standby because it's good!) but if you want to make your own pizza dough it can be done in 30 minutes!  It's so easy to work with and comes out delicious every time!  All you need is flour, yeast, oil, sugar, salt, & water.  

Here is the method I use: 



2 cups flour
1 packet of yeast
1 1/2 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
2 tbs olive oil
3/4 cup warm water



Combine 1 cup of the flour, yeast, sugar, & salt in a bowl.

Add oil and water. Stir with a wooden spoon. 

Add the remaining cup of flour.  If the dough seems too try add a splash more water.  
Form dough into a ball. It will be shaggy and sticky.  That's ok! 

Take a clean bowl and drizzle a little olive oil in it  
With your hands coat the inside of the bowl with the oil.  

Put your dough in this bowl and roll it around so it's coated in the oil. 

Cover with plastic wrap (and a towel over the bowl) and let sit in a warm place for 30 minutes to rise. 






Once ready, spread the dough onto a greased pizza pan or cookie sheet. 




Add sauce, mozzarella cheese, and toppings! 

(I also like to add garlic and basil ♥)




Bake in a 450 degree oven for 13-15 minutes. 



YUM!!!!!! 




It's as easy as that!  I was going to make this pizza for Valentine's day but I had it in my head to cut the pepperonis into heart shapes and couldn't wait to try it.  I bought the pre sliced pepperonis, folded them in half, and trimmed them with a kitchen scissors! I love how they came out.  I guess I'll have to come up with something else for Valentines Day! 

Happy Monday, friends! I hope you all are having a good start to the week.  We are in for another snowy one around here.  I am so over winter at this point.  

Come on Spring! 


No comments:

Post a Comment