Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Sour Cream Coffee Cake ♥

 Good Morning Friends! Happy Wednesday! 

It's a beautiful day here today.  I'm enjoying it immensely because we have another round of heavy rain and cold coming tomorrow.  I know I will enjoy that too, but in a different way.  You know what I mean. I love a good, cozy, rainy day as much as a beautiful, sunny, spring day 

Today I'm still a bit sleepy because I was up late last night.  After a couple of frustrating days online I was finally able to book my first Covid Vaccine appointment for this Sunday.  The only way for me to do it was to go online at midnight last night.  I was literally clicking on the site at 12:00 on the dot. I'm happy to say it worked and I have a time slot at a CVS right down the street.  

I'm happy to be crossing that off my to-do list! 



For my afternoon treat today to celebrate (and really...to use up some sour cream I had in the fridge) I decided to whip up a coffee cake.  I got this recipe from my mom, who used to make it all the time when I was growing up.  She doubles the recipe and bakes it in a 9x13 pan.  I only had one cup of sour cream so I stuck to the original.  The best part (beside eating it!) about baking this cake is the way the kitchen smells while it's baking.  Its literal heaven.  I will enjoy this today at 4:00 with a cup of tea and it will also be perfect for tomorrows rainy day snack.

Yup, always looking ahead! 








1 cup sugar

1 stick softened butter

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup sour cream

2 cups flour 

1 tbs baking powder

1 tsp baking soda 

cinnamon & sugar 


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla with an electric mixer on med speed until well blended.  

Add in sour cream.  

In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda.  Add to the wet ingredients and mix until well blended. 

Pour into a greased 8x8 baking pan.  Sprinkle the top (liberally :) with cinnamon and sugar. 

Bake for 1 hour.  Let cool before cutting. 

*You could also add 1 cup of fresh blueberries to the batter, which is very lovely in the spring* 

Noted for next time! 




The cake is super moist, but the cinnamon sugar top is the best part.  If you are a dunker like I am, it's what I love to dunk in my tea.  I'm just that way 

3:55 pm.  Time to put the kettle on.  




By the way, my electric kettle is still hands down my favorite appliance I've ever owned. 



A new favorite.





Yum 





And here I be.  For at least 60 minutes or until someone discovers me! 

Have a lovely day friends.  It's already started to rain here and I just heard thunder : ) 

Byeeee xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment