Monday, May 31, 2021

Happy Memorial Day!

 


Hello Friends!  Happy Memorial Day!  

May we never lose sight of the privilege we have to live free. Thank you to all the men and women who bravely fought the battle for us.  

You are the true heroes! 




It's a cold and rainy weekend in my part of the world.  Last night John slept over his cousins house so today he's napping.  I have a suspicion they stayed up pretty late last night.  Ahhh to be 13 again : ) 

Rob and I are enjoying a day off and soaking up some R&R.  With the weather the way it is we don't have energy for much else anyway.  I'm still in my PJ's and plan to stay that way for the rest of the day.  I actually love rainy days like this.  Tonight will be a simple dinner of grilled pork chops (on the George Foreman Grill ✔) and pasta salad.  Yesterday I baked chocolate chip cookies for dessert, which I may turn into ice cream sandwiches. Sounds like a plan! 



Yesterday I did my weekly clean and put out some red, white, & blue decorations.  I'll keep these up through August.  It's funny, one minute we are buried in snow and the next we're welcoming summer.   Hard to believe tomorrow is June 1st! 




Long weekends mean colorful breakfasts.  

French toast with fruit is a favorite in my house 



And festive lights : ) 

*note my orchid on the mantle....still alive and doing great....whew!* 




We are gearing up for a busy week of finals exams.  This also marks John's last week as a student at St. Francis Xavier School.  He's been at this school since preschool.  I can hardly believe it's over.  
It was the blink of an eye....



Friday is his graduation mass and then summer vacation!  



Wishing you all a good start to your week.  Are you ready for summer?! 

We are! xo 

1 comment: